Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Reading the kids their new book from their Colorado cousins before bed - the camera lense was all foggy from being in the cold car, but I thought it was still cute!
In baby news . . . Thank you everyone for the congrats. We are getting used to the idea of having another baby so soon (we weren't planning on getting pregnant again until next year at this time), but it is strange to be pregnant and not be expecting it! I have had one meltdown over it (Mya and this baby will only be 18019 months apart), but overall we are getting pretty excited. I haven't been really sick like I usually am, but everyday I wake up praying that today isn't the day that it hits! I'm also not sure how far a long I am, but I have an appointment on Tuesday, so hopefully we will be able to figure it out a little better then! Kylan is super excited -he has been telling me for 3 weeks now that there is a baby in my belly and it turns out he was right!
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
I am giving a child antibiotics for the first time (really not bragging about that, Ky just has a great immune system, unless it's the flu), poor Mya has had a cold since mid-October, so I finally took her to the doctor (first time taking a child to the doctor for being sick as well), and although she doesn't have an ear infection or (thank goodness) pnemonia, he still thought it would be a good idea to give her antibiotic to help her get over whatever infection she has. He was also so nice as to not give her penicillan since being allergic to it runs in both of our families! So, hopefully Mya is on the mend, and since I have bragged about my sweet boy, I thought I would give an update on what my sweet girl is up to:
- She is 10 & 1/2 months old now, which seems unbelievable to me (even her doctor couldn't believe it today), which means she will be 1 in a month and a half!
- She is not a kisser like her brother, so getting a kiss from her is very special! She does like to make the kissing noise, but doesn't like to actually kiss (takes after her mom)
- She says "mama" "dada" "dydy" (kyky), "doggie" and "hi"
- She can point to mom, dad, and Kylan either in person or in pictures
- She loves to stand up and walk around furniture, or push a toy or furniture in front of her, and is trying desperately to stand up by her self in the middle of the floor, which is really funny to watch and usually ends in a face plant
- She attempts to take steps, but can't keep her balance well enough yet!
- She waves hi and bye
- She makes "mmm" sounds and smacks her lips if she sees something she wants to eat
- She refuses to eat baby food - has for about 2 months now - she only wants it if she sees you eating it also, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and mac and cheese are her favorites
- Mya is definitly her dads girl. Example: Tim came to the front door to throw some stuff inside before shoveling the snow the other day, so Mya was not picked up by him immediately, so she proceeded to cry the entire 20 minutes he was outside!
- She weighs 22lbs 6 1/2 oz (as of today)
- She loves baths with her brother (but not by herself) and showers with dad
Mya already has such a different personality from Kylan that I am so excited to see what she is like as she gets older, in fact I try to imagine all the time what she will be like at Ky's age! I love you my girl!
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
- Kylan tells me he loves me several times a day (second only to his dad)
- If I've been at work, or when Tim get's home from work, or if we've been in another room for any length of time, he comes and gives us a big hug and says "I've missed you" or "I'm so glad I found you"
- Yesterday he wanted to know where his cartoon went and when I said it's on commercial he said "Thank you mom for telling me that"
- He says that I am his "Sweat Heart" and dad is a "sweat dad" and Mya is a "sweet girl" and he is a "sweat Ky-Ky"
- If we tell him he is a good boy or the best boy, he tells us we are a good mom/dad or best mom/dad
- When we leave one of the grandparent's houses he always says while we drive away "I love grammy and grandpa and I miss them and they are going to miss Ky-Ky"
- He makes sure that dad kisses each of us goodbye before going to work - and he even made Grandma Kenna kiss me before she left the other day
- If I don't kiss him before I leave him in nursery he gets really sad and has to be cuddled by one of the teachers because I didn't kiss him goodbye
- When I tuck him in he has to give me a "tight squeeze, hug and kiss" repeated about 3 times
- And my favorite phrase since he was about 18 months "cuddle, buggle spoon me"
I love this little boy so much and I am so grateful to have him as my son! Even when he makes me that maddest (like he did last night), I can't stay mad at him for too long! So, sorry to the rest of you, but I got the sweetest boy in the whole wide world!
Monday, December 7, 2009
P.S. Kylan has been wanting to make a snowman, but the snow won't stick because it's too cold! I've never experienced that before!
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Kylan and Mya got to see Santa at our ward party last night. I think the picture is pretty much explains it all! Kylan was excited to see Santa, a little nervious, but excited. Tim was late at work so we had to wait for him and so Kylan kept telling Santa that he couldn't sit on his lap until "his Tim" got there. He even told him what he wanted - a dump truck and a swather! Mya on the other hand did the silent scream and wasn't too happy!
Thursday, December 3, 2009
We weren't hunting for a tree, but us and Gav & Rayanne tagged along with Brett and Teri and Laine and Tonya to get theirs. We drove a little over an hour, had some hot soup and hot chocolate, took four wheeler rides, found a couple trees and then came home. It was a lot of fun!
Mya so happy at first - she was sick of her coat and hat and gloves by the end!
Gav, Rayanne, Braden and Leah on the four-wheeler.