- When Mya is ready for bed now she slides off my lap, goes and gives her dad, her brother and I a kiss then walks back to her room and tries to climb into her crib. It is so funny and cute!
- Mya really wants to be able to climb up on things like her brother does, so she'll stand by what she wants to get up on and lifts one leg while straining with everything she has to lift herself up.
- Mya loves to wrestle and she makes the funniest noises when she jumps on Tim or tries to knock him over. It is her favorite part of the day to wrestle with dad.
- If you turn a basketball game on Mya immediately starts clapping - she knows that is what you do at a basketball game.
- She likes to pretend to talk on the phone.
- Kylan likes to hammer random nails that have been removed from the wall into pieces of wood laying around. While doing this yesterday he told him dad he was able to do it because he is a big boy.
- This morning when he woke up and got into bed with us he immediately wanted to measure his hand against his dad. When he saw how small his hand was compared to his dad's, he said don't worry, when I am big like you then my hand will be big like yours.
- He loves to pretend to cut my hair and fix it for me. After doing this yesterday he and I were looking in a mirror together. I asked him if we looked alike and he said no, I am handsome just like my daddy.
- If he hasn't see his grandma's for longer than a day he likes to call them and the first thing he says is "I miss you so much!"
- Kylan likes me to do cheers for him while he plays basketball, and even tells me which ones to do and when.
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Thursday, February 25, 2010
First, Mya saying hi to the kitty through the window. She loves the cat, Kylan is scared of the cat - go figure!
This is the lower living room. Believe it or not, only about 1/3 of the stuff that has been in it the whole time is in this picture. Fallon Industries came on Tuesday and picked up all the stuff no one wanted. Yea!!!! On the left side of the pic is the chimney to the original fireplace that we are removing in order to remove the wall. The wall used to be solid around it.
Here is a picture of just the chimney. This wall was originally an outside wall before John built on this room when his kids were little. It's kind of cool to see the old color of the house and stuff. The fireplace and the wall between it and the opening you can see will be completely removed to open up the living area more.
Just the fireplace. In the cement at the top it says "Theo Whitman 1945". The original house (we're not totally sure which parts of the house this is) was built in the late 1800's, which makes this house one of the oldest in Fallon, but according to this the fireplace, or at least part of it, was put in in 1945. The Whitman's are who John bought the farm from.
The new full (but still small) bath framed in. Once again you can tell that this was not originally part of the house because you can see an ouside wall. The floor was uneven and they couldn't get to this crawl space under the house to do the plumbing, so they had to remove the floor (and there were about 3 layers of flooring) to do the plumbing and even it out. The far wall will have the bathtub, the toilet will be on the wall on the right, and the sink will be in the corner, which you can't see. Like I said, small, but it will give us a bathtub and another full bathroom downstairs other than ours in the master bedroom.
I will (hopefully) finish painting the upstairs on Saturday and post pics of that. So, that is how things are going only 4 days into the renovation.
Monday, February 22, 2010
If you love open-mouthed tongue out kisses, she is your girl! And she loves and adores the little boy in this picture with her. He loves her too . . . most of the time!
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Monday, February 15, 2010
One upstairs bedroom. It is the smaller one, but there is more to it than what is in this pic. I just wanted to get the blue carpet that will be changed.
The master bedroom. It will get new paint and carpet and rearranging.
So, there you have the before pics of most of the house. I am so excited to be able to show after pics on here in a couple months!
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Anyway, I wanted to share some of our plans. We are not turning it into a totally different house, just making it more family friendly:
- Make the small half bath off the kitchen into a full bath with a tub (the other two bathrooms only have showers)
- Have central air installed in the entire house (including upstairs and the lower living room)
- Turn the office into a laundry/mud room.
- Have any plumbing fixed that needs to be
- Fix up all the bathrooms
- If we have enough left, new carpet/flooring throughout
- Repaint the outside. I know the red upstairs might mean a lot to some of you, but we are going to change that.
- And of course repainting the inside, which might be a slower process and once we move in.
We're just so excited! And just so you all know the POOL is still the entire families, not just ours, so you are more than welcome to use the pool and then be sure to say hi!!!
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Now, we need to figure out if we are going to do some remodeling before we move in or after, and we need to get our house ready to sell. Tons of work, but in case I haven't said it enough, we are SOOOOOO EXCITED!
Sunday, February 7, 2010
Here is my big one year old girl at her party. I am so late posting this, but she had a great party with all of her grandma's, grandpa's and aunts and uncles that are in Fallon. She was spoiled by everyone also and has tons of new cute clothes, some toys and new books.
This is what they like to do in the morning, cuddle under dad's blanket with their sippy cups of milk and watch cartoons. So cute!
All the kids, minus Bill.