Friday, July 24, 2009

Happy 26th Birthday Tim, and Happy 1/2 Birthday to Mya!

Today is Tim's 26th birthday and it has taken me this long to post for a couple reasons. First, he isn't home today because (second reason) he has been at scout camp all week, so I haven't really had time and it hasn't really seemed like his birthday because he isn't here, so I have been a little bitter about all of that. However, Uncle Derild went up today to help drive home tomorrow and so he drove Tim to where he has cell service so we could talk today.
Tim is such an awesome husband, father and of course still my best friend! I feel so lucky everyday to be his wife and I am so glad that my children have a father like him. Every night this week Kylan has told me that his daddy loves him (I think he is reassuring himself that he is coming home), and I love that he knows that his dad loves him, even at the age of 2. Thanks Tim for everything you do for us, we couldn't do it without you! We love you!!!
Today also happens to be Mya's half birthday. I can't believe she is 6 months old already! She's going to be 1 before I know it!!! She is growing out of her "beastie girl" stage, although she still has her moments, and is turning into such a fun girl! These are her new favorite things:
  • She loves her baby food. She gets all excited when I get out the high chair and put on her bib, it's way cute! She also loves to watch us eat and really wants to try it (sometimes I let her, but don't tell anyone!)
  • Squealing/screaming back and forth with her brother or her grandma Kenna. This can be really cute and really annoying, but mostly cute!
  • Rolling and scooting to all of her toys, and especially her brothers toys. She loves his gun, but is only allowed to play with it when her brother is asleep. She also loves the remotes already! How do they figure that out at such a young age - and the one without batteries is already not good enough!
  • She is trying to crawl. Just this week she has started getting up on all fours and rocking back and forth. I'm not sure if I'm ready for the crawling, but I guess I have no choice.
  • And lastly, she loves playing in her spit up. Kylan used to do the same thing. She spits up on the wood floor and then spreads it all over with her hands. Really disgusting!
    Well, that's what's new with our little My-My's! I have a lot of posting to catch up on what's been happening, so hopefully once Tim gets home and things get back to normal I will get that done!


1 comment:

CCmomma said...

it was great to see you, Kassi! Your family sure is growing up fast. when did we get old, btw?