Friday, January 30, 2009
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Tummy time. She loves it and falls asleep immediately!
After his hair cut Kylan missed his baby sister and wanted to get in bed with her. I can't believe he was sleeping in this crib about a month ago! He has quadrupled in size since Mya was born!
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Well, the sleepless nights have begun. Mya gave us two wonderful nights of sleep - one in the hospital and then the first night at home she only got up twice. Now, she is acting like a "real" newborn and has been up pretty much all night the last two nights and then can seem to sleep for hours during the day in her bed. I'm not really complaining, this is how it goes for awhile. I really just wanted to talk my wonderful husband up again. Tonight he decided that we needed to do two hour shifts and that is what we have done! We like our kids to take a bottle, even though I breast feed, so he does a bottle for his shifts and I breast feed and then if Kylan wakes up, we help each other. It at least guarentees each of us 3 or 4 hours of sleep each night. I love my husband and how helpful he is with our kids, I definitly couldn't do it otherwise! So, thanks hubby, you are awesome! I couldn't do it without you!!!!
P.S. I have been really bad about taking pictures, I promise that I will take some new ones and post soon. Also, Kylan has been a champ at sleeping through all the crying. He usually only wakes up once and she didn't even bother his nap yesterday! He has been a great big brother!!!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Mya Rae Sorensen
Born January 24th
6lbs 14oz 19 inches
Both mom and baby are doing great!
I have a minute - Mya is sleeping and Ky is still at my parents so I thought I would give a few more details. I started having contractions pretty regularly at about 11pm on Friday night. At 3am they kind of plateued and since I know that nothing happens until they break my water I decided to wait. I made Tim go hunting on his last day of duck/goose season and Kylan and I went walking. By 1:00 I was tired and sore and so we decided to go in. We got upstairs at 1:45 and while they were monitoring me before they called my doctor, he just happened to stop by. At 2:30 he broke my water, which broke really easily and then after monitoring me for a while I got up and walked for about 45 minutes. They wouldn't let me have an epidural until I was dialted to a 5, so I had some waiting time. After a coupld hours they started me on a "whiff" of pitocin (my doctors words) and boy did things take off. At 7pm I was in what I thought was a lot of pain (little did I know) and my new nurse said I was a 5 and literally ran to order my epidural. Thirty minutes later I was fully dialated, my doctor was there and the epidural lady had just shown up a little too late, so much to my dismay I had a natrual labor, other than the pitocin. I pushed for maybe 5 minutes and she was born at 7:49pm.
This delivery was so different from Kylan's, and while I know that there are benefits to not having an epidural (thank goodness or else I would've killed someone afterwards), I prefer the less painful way!! As my brother Kade would say "Now I Know!" the epidural will be ordered before Pitocin is started and before I am a 5, because I have gone that fast twice now! Anyway, things went well overall and she is beautiful and we are loving having her. She slept really well in the hospital, Tim and I actually got some sleep and Kylan is so cute with her. Last night he was so excited to show everyone his "baby sister Myna (how he says it)" and today he almost started crying when my mom told him they were going to see mom and dad because he wanted to see his baby! He doesn't like it when she cries though and his bottom lip comes out and starts quivering and he says "no crying baby sister." He is such a sweet boy!! Here are some more pictures!
Soon after she was born. She was starving so cried for about an hour probably, which the nurses and doctor liked because it cleared her lungs.
Kylan and I. I can't believe how big he is now! It seems like just yesterday we were just bringing him home!
Kylan's first look at his baby sister.
Holding her for the first time. He loved it!
Coming home. She didn't even scream when we put her in the car seat and she slept for about 2 hours in it when we got home, and I got a nap! Yea!!!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Anyway, just a history/government enthusiasts perspective on today!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Here are the pink flowery sheets that I got to go with Kylan's bedding for the baby. I think it looks pretty cute and was much cheaper than buying all new stuff. I also got a solid pink and white with pink polka dots.
And here is Kylan in his work clothes with dad at the dairy today. Grandpa and Grandma Sorensen got both he and Braden these cute Carhart work pants and his shirt (which you can't see) that has a tractor and say's "Daddy's Helper". He also loves his work boots. He loves going to work with dad and when we are at home he likes to feed the cows lunch and dinner on his big truck. I hope he continues to love working with dad when he is older, although he is a little leary when it comes to actually being around the cows and the poop - he always tells dad his boots are yucky and is sure not to get too close to them! I haven't done a list of the cute things he does in awhile, so here are some of my favorites:
- He loves to tell mom, dad, grandma's, grandpa's and aunts and uncles that he loves them and usually after leaving one of their houses he says the whole way home "love grammie" or whoever it was we were visiting! He's such a sweet heart.
- He can open the fridge and likes to keep a sippie of milk and a cup of water on the bottom shelf, then he can go and get a drink as he pleases. He also likes to help me by getting the milk carton out of the fridge when I am getting him some and putting it back - but only once it's about half gone or more!
- He loves to help me! He puts the silverware away while I empty the dishwasher (he just throws it in the drawer and I have to fix it later, but at least it's in the drawer), he puts his bath toys away, he'll take things to the rooms they belong in, etc. He loves to help!
- He has started singing "Happy Birthday". This is his favorite song ever since his first birthday. Everytime we are at a birthday party and we start singing, he just lights up. Well the other day he was singing while I was changing his diaper and I figured out that's what he was singing!
- He loves to dance and "shake his booty" and he has his own opinion as to what is a "dance" song and what isn't. He now yells at me if I change a song he likes in the car and instructs me to dance if a good song is on. He also makes grandma Schank replay (horrible) dance shows for him, and since she is wrapped around his finger, she records them for him for when he comes over!
Well, that's a short list, but some of my favorites! This post is long, so I will end it now! But before I forget, he is finally better!!! I am so happy to have him well again!
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Our Top 5:
5. Kylan walking into our room in the morning only to announce "Goodmorning guys - I poopy on bed" -he wasn't kidding - it was everywhere!
4. Monday night I had finally taken out and folded the last load of puked on/pooped on sheets. Kylan comes into our room after being put to bed with a funny look on his face. I ask him if he's okay, he says "no" but I ignore it thinking he doesn't want to go back to bed. As soon as I lay him down, he throws up EVERYWHERE - washer is back in use constantly for the next 24 hours as we begin round two of the flu! And I believe him now when he says no to being asked if he's okay!
3. After changing a very watery poopy diaper, Kylan escapes from the changing area while I look for where I put his new diaper. He is standing by the "nice and warm" (our fireplace) when I leave the room to get a new one. When I come back he is gone. I call for him and he comes running out of the laundry room. I ask him what he was doing and he says "I poopy on the floor", once again, he is telling the truth!
2. I'm getting Kylan some coke and he comes walking into the kitchen with a funny look on his face once again. He takes his drink, turns and pukes everywhere, then slips in it and hits his head on an open drawer. Oh, and this is right after his 10th change of clothes for the day. Poor kid! However, after this he seems to snap out of it, thank goodness!
1. After puking, having a fever and having diarhea all day he finally gets his appetite back and what does he ask for to eat??? Hotdogs and cheese. Moms reply - ABSOLUTELY NOT!! You can have bread, crackers and pedialite. I let him have a hot dog today!
So that's my top 5 sick moments with Kylan the last few days. I'm just glad it's over and he is better!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
In flu news, Kylan still isn't better. He isn't throwing up constantly, although he did throw-up right when we put him to bed last night (my washer is earning it's keep) and once while writing this post (we made it to the bathtub in time), but every morning he wakes us up by saying "Good morning, I poopy" and he is still dragging, so he isn't totally better. He has had the stomach flu more during his short life than I can count and never just for 24 hours! I feel so bad for him! I'm doing fine, and Tim still hasn't gotten it (knock on wood), so hopefully we will be completely over this yuckyness before our little girl arrives!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
He is such a great dad and lets me go to bed early all the time while he stays up with Kylan, takes him places to give me breaks, and will stay home with him anytime! I am so blessed to have such a great partner! Thank you honey, I love you!!!
Friday, January 9, 2009
So, I'm apologizing for all the complaining on my blog lately - no more complaining from here on out. Only focusing on the positive! Kylan took a 3.5 hour nap this afternoon after his sleep over, so I was able to accomplish a lot! I did my lesson for Sunday, ordered some girlie sheets for the crib (I'm using the same Green and white bedding I had for Kylan, but adding some pink to make it girlie), cleaned up the baby's room and was able to relax! Plus, my mom has been missing Kylan (Uncle Kort has had pinkeye this week, so we haven't been over), so she came and took him so Tim and I could go to Cameron's basketball game sans child!!! Kylan has the best grandparents ever (other than mine of course, which means he has some awesome great-grandparents too)!
Along with having to use the bathroom and not being comfortable in one position for very long I started having my constant contractions last night that I had with Kylan that never changed (meaning never get anymore painful or closer together) until they broke my water the day they induced me. They are always worse when I am laying down or in one position for very long, so I am now becoming familiar with middle-of-the-night tv programming and our recliner!! I guess you have to become miserable so that you look forward to labor! This is the time that I feel like hitting anyone who tells me to enjoy my sleep while I can!!!
P.S. just to give you an idea of how often they are, I have had at least 5 while typing this (time to change positons). I think they are still considered Braxton Hicks contractions, although they sting a little, unlike the ones I have been having since I was 4 months along!!! All I have to say is some dialation better be occuring!!!!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
The thing that I thought would be occupying my time for the next 30 days isn't going to be as hard as I first thought (thank goodness). I (stupidly) let my sub and teaching licenses expire (one in April and one this last Sunday), so while I have submit new applications for renewal of these two, I can do them together without an additional fee and I don't have to pay to have my test scores from a test I took back in 2002 sent to them, I can just copy the ones I have and that is good enough! The one really bad thing is that I can't sub before the baby is born, but this is my fault. This is what happens when you look at things once 3 years ago and don't look at them again. I thought the provisions put on my licenses were for the test I took after student teaching, so just assumed that it had been taken care of, not one that I took during my freshman year of college! Oh well, lesson learned!!!
Monday, January 5, 2009
My dad and Kade waiting at the front.
Leah's mom Barbara holding Evan. He and Kylan had matching outfits, but I don't have a single picture of Kylan, so picture Kylan in this same outfit.
Kade and Leah. Leah looked beautiful, I wish I would have gotten more pics of her in her dress. She was actually able to find this dress in Reno and didn't have to have any alterations done to it! Kade also looked very handsome!
I wish I had more pics, the place looked beautiful and it was very fun! Grandpa and Grandma Sorensen took Kylan with them after dinner and I thought my camera was in the diaper bag I took with them, only to find out that it wasn't but had been sitting on our table the whole time! Oh well!
Congrats Kade, Leah and Evan and good luck on moving (they are headed to Rexburg tomorrow)! We love you and will miss you!