Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sleeping . . . and my AWESOME husband!

First of all, thank you all for your wonderful comments. We love reading them. In fact, Tim's favorite thing to do the last couple days is to check the blog for new comments and he usually isn't too into the blog!
Well, the sleepless nights have begun. Mya gave us two wonderful nights of sleep - one in the hospital and then the first night at home she only got up twice. Now, she is acting like a "real" newborn and has been up pretty much all night the last two nights and then can seem to sleep for hours during the day in her bed. I'm not really complaining, this is how it goes for awhile. I really just wanted to talk my wonderful husband up again. Tonight he decided that we needed to do two hour shifts and that is what we have done! We like our kids to take a bottle, even though I breast feed, so he does a bottle for his shifts and I breast feed and then if Kylan wakes up, we help each other. It at least guarentees each of us 3 or 4 hours of sleep each night. I love my husband and how helpful he is with our kids, I definitly couldn't do it otherwise! So, thanks hubby, you are awesome! I couldn't do it without you!!!!

P.S. I have been really bad about taking pictures, I promise that I will take some new ones and post soon. Also, Kylan has been a champ at sleeping through all the crying. He usually only wakes up once and she didn't even bother his nap yesterday! He has been a great big brother!!!

5 comments:

nettie said...

you are right! it is so nice to have help in the middle of the night...since both of my kids were solely bottle fed, I would usually do the middle of the night feedings and jeff would do the early morning feeding. It helps so much to get that extra hour or 2 of sleep, it really makes a big difference.

Glad you are all doing well...

The Youngs said...

Sounds like maybe Mya has her days and nights mixed up a little bit? Isn't it great to have husbands that are willing to get up and help with the kids! I think we are very blessed.

It was good to see you guys last night. Mya is SO much cuter in person that she is in the pictures. And she's pretty darn cute in the pictures! Caylee LOVES Kylan. I don't know if he'd ever come for a playdate, but we'd love to have him.

jamie k said...

so much to look forward to... :).

she is really sweet.

Sariah Hartley said...

It's a good thing she's so dang cute!

JRC said...

She seriously is so freaking cute! I LOVE her hair. And Kylan sounds like he is being such a good big brother. Cute! And good work Tim for offering to help at night. Its every wife's dream come true.