With less than 6 weeks (okay just a couple days, but still less) Tim and I are starting to get very excited about meeting our little girl and letting her meet her brother! I'm to the done-with-being-pregnant stage and after about 3 more weeks, this baby can come anytime (I would say that starting now she can come anytime, but that would be too early for her)! So, here is a little (very little) sampling of some of the fun and very soft things I can't wait to dress her in and snuggle with her in!
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Opening his new PJ's Christmas Eve. He was pretty excited to be opening a present, but wasn't too thrilled with the contents. He sure did look cute though!
With Mom in his new jammies.
So happy to get his Robinson's movie. This is his FAVORITE movie. He will watch it over and over again at grandmas and will sit and watch the entire thing. This is also his new pose for every picture, big smile, head to the side.
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
1. The Office (so sad there wasn't a new one this week)
2. That 70's Show
4. Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares (even though with all the beeping it's hard to know what he is saying)
5. Project Runway
6. Rock the Reception
8 things that happened yesterday:
1. Washed all the newborn baby stuff I have so far and what I am using from Kylan
2. Relaxed after my day of shopping on Wednesday - I know, pretty pathetic, but it's tiring to walk around all day with 20 extra pounds out in front!
3. Took Kylan to the dairy to feed the cows dinner with dad
4. Wrote cards for the people Teri and I visiting teach
5. Watched Cam play basketball
6. Ate breakfast for dinner (my favorite - thanks Teri)
7. Danced with Kylan
8. Gave Kylan lots of kisses and hugs!
8 things I'm looking forward to:
1. Watching Kylan open his presents on Christmas morning
2. Kade and Leah's wedding
3. Seeing family during Christmas
4. The arrival of our baby girl
5. Eating crab and tri-tip at my parents house tonight
6. Christmas Eve dinner at Sorensen's
7. Not being pregnant in about 7 weeks!
8. Going to bed tonight - and every night!!!
8 things I love about winter (there won't be 8 because I really really HATE winter)
1. The first snow, but then I want it to melt really quickly before I have to drive, walk, or be in it!
3. New Years
4. That's about it! After New Years I just count down the days until Spring!
8 people I tag:
Anyone who wants to do this. I know, it's a copout, but oh well!!!
Monday, December 15, 2008
Kylan's first movie experience. We went to Madagascar II with Grandma, Grandma Adams, Reed and Carissa. Kylan made it through an hour of the movie!
Waiting with Dad, Uncle Gav and Braden to sit on Santa's lap. Neither of them would actually sit on his lap, but they did pose with their dads by him!
The best pic of Kylan with Santa! He wouldn't even give him a high-five, but the next day at church he gave the guy who was in the suit one:)
Our Christmas tree. We decorated it between church and naptime, so Kylan was asleep at this point. He really wasn't too into decorating it, but he loves to look at it and calls it "Ky Ky's Christmas Tree"
Friday, December 12, 2008
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Ky's room from the door leading into the living room. Since this room has a door off of the living room we are hoping that most of his toys will stay in here and so far they have.
A very happy and still sleepy boy this morning in his big boy bed!
Friday, December 5, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Believe it or not my remote still works! How boring was life before Kylan!
Monday, December 1, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
After a month of waiting our gas fireplace is finally up and working today! I absolutely love it!!! Within a half hour my whole living area was nice and warm and after only a few hours of having it on it had even warmed up the bedrooms and hallway!! I guess the waiting while the gas company put their line in (we don't have any other gas appliances, so had to have a new gas line put in), then our plumber to do their part and then the final meter installation today was well worth it! Thank you mom and dad for the early Christmas present, now we will be nice and warm all winter!!
P.S For those of you wondering, it is a ventless gas fireplace with a blower. The front part gets hot, but the rest doesn't which makes it so that you don't have to have it on tile or some other heat resistant surface, in fact you can put it on carpet. It's awesome and I would highly recomment it to anyone wanting a fireplace without having to do much except get the gas line ran to where you want to put it! It also puts a out A LOT more heat than the ventless electric fireplaces do.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
My uncle John got this really cute cooking set for Reed and Carissa, and Lynne and Derild gave it to us for Kylan. I've had them for awhile, but kind of forgot about them, so I got it out today for him and he has loved "cooking" his roll and eating it. He took the stuff to the stove all by himself. I went and got him his stool because he kept pushing everything back too far and couldn't reach it! Hopefully I can get the video to load so that you can see how cute he is and how well he is talking (for a boy)! If not though, here are some still shots of him cooking!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
We did our duty and voted today - well, Kylan just helped mom. He liked when the paper ticked printed at the side of the screen to review how you voted. He also liked his "Future Voter" sticker the nice ladies gave him.
P.S. I feel sorry for any of you in big cities who have to wait in long lines. We are so spoiled here!!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
1. Did you date someone from your school? Obviously, this is a yes. Tim and I started dating our Junior year. I dated a couple other people before that, but nothing too serious.
2. What kind of car did you drive? I drove a few different vehicles in high school. My first car was my Aunt's 1982 Corrolla, then I moved on to my uncles 1988 Ford Bronco and my dad's old 1995(?) Chevi Truck (I had my choice for awhile until the twins got their license's). My senior year I really moved up in the world and got my dad's 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport (it was only a year old) which was mine until about a year ago when we sold it. I also have to mention that all except the Jeep were stick shifts!
3. Did you pass your driver's license test on the first try? No, and I was so upset! I had no problems the second time around, and I took both of these in my stick shift corrolla!
4. Were you a party animal? I started out pretty social, but became less social as high school went on.
5. Were you considered a flirt? I don't think so. It took me 3 years to get Tim to look at me and we were really good friends, so I obviously wasn't very good at flirting!
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Nope.
7. Were you on any varsity teams? Nope. I played basketball until my Junior year, but never made it onto Varsity and decided my senior year I didn't want to spend so much time on it.
8. Did you get suspended/expelled? Almost was suspended once, but thank goodness NO.
9. Can you still sing the school song? Yes. With all the sporting events my family attended before I was even in high school I had learned it before I got there.
10. Who were your favorite teachers? My favorite teachers were Mrs. Frost who taught me in A.P. Government who I also did my student teaching with 3 years ago, Mr. Billet, my AP US History teacher (he is awesome), Mrs. Wright my math teacher (without her I never would have made it past Algebra II), and Mrs. Guisti my French teacher just because she is so sweet!
11. Where did you sit during lunch? My Freshman year (before I could drive) I sat with friends in the quad at a table and then when it got cold, in the lunchroom at a table. After I got my drivers license we usually ate at Subway or another place.
12. What is your school's full name? Churchill County High School
13. School mascot and colors? Green and white. We're the Fallon Greenwave.
14. Did you go to Homecoming? Of course! I was never up for queen, but I always had a friend of two who were and my hubby crowned the queen our Senior year.
15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? You could not pay me enough money to repeat high school. It was fine and I learned a lot of hard lessons, but I would never want to repeat it! Plus, since I am there all the time now and see how much harder it is, I would not want to be in high school right now!
16. How many people were in your graduating class? 300 or 350.
17. What do you remember most about graduation? I remember being able to sit in the first two rows thanks to my grades, Tim is just as smart or smarter than me but was too cool to take the smart classes in high school. All my friends and I were in the same area. I also remember grad night at the base which was a lot of fun and being really tired and cranky by the time we got home at 6am (see, Tim had been warned about how I act if I don't get enough sleep and he is still married to me and is having children with me).
18. Were you in any clubs? No, well I guess Honors Society, if that counts.
19. Have you gained some weight since then? Ummm, YES! I wish I could say no, or just at first, but I will never weight what I did in high school, it's just not physically possible! I have curves not and I like that!!!
20. Did you have a job while in high school? Yes. I worked at the good ol' Dairy Queen and also at my dad's office.
21. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Most likely, mainly out of curiosity because we live here, we'll see after that though. I also plan on being about 5 months pregnant, than no one can anything about how I look and if they do they are just mean, but I can never plan those things!
Anyone who wants to do this feel free! It's kind of fun!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Kylan finally has a halloween costume. Until a couple days ago, he just wasn't going to have one because I hadn't found one and I am not a big Halloween person, so I figured he doesn't know and he can just wear his halloween shirt my mom got him, it's not like we are taking him trick-or-treating. Uncle Derild and Aunt Lynne saved him though and brought over all of their old costumes, which were a lot of my families old costumes from when we were little (Kal, does this look familiar). So, he is a dinosaur (there's a tail in the back) and I will get better pics tonight hopefully at my parents ward truck or treat.
I also decided to take another pregnancy picture today to show how much I have grown since my last one. This baby is growing daily! Tim couldn't believe how much further my belly is sticking out when he got home Sunday.
And lastly, Tim and I have gotten two early Christmas presents. First, a ventless gas fireplace from my parents. It will hopefully be ready to go in the next few weeks and we are way excited! It should heat our whole house, so that will be awesome! The second one we got today, a new washer!!! Our stackable died about a year ago, so we put in the side by side that I had from college (the dryer had to go in the garage). Well, apparently the last time we moved them, we broke whatever is in the washer that keeps the basket stabalized and so my washer has been slowly falling apart, and by falling apart I mean losing screws, the sides coming off, the top no longer attached to the bottom falling apart! Needless to say, I am so excited especially since we got an awesome washer at an even more awesome price! Yea for early Christmas presents!!!