Thursday, October 30, 2008
1. Did you date someone from your school? Obviously, this is a yes. Tim and I started dating our Junior year. I dated a couple other people before that, but nothing too serious.
2. What kind of car did you drive? I drove a few different vehicles in high school. My first car was my Aunt's 1982 Corrolla, then I moved on to my uncles 1988 Ford Bronco and my dad's old 1995(?) Chevi Truck (I had my choice for awhile until the twins got their license's). My senior year I really moved up in the world and got my dad's 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport (it was only a year old) which was mine until about a year ago when we sold it. I also have to mention that all except the Jeep were stick shifts!
3. Did you pass your driver's license test on the first try? No, and I was so upset! I had no problems the second time around, and I took both of these in my stick shift corrolla!
4. Were you a party animal? I started out pretty social, but became less social as high school went on.
5. Were you considered a flirt? I don't think so. It took me 3 years to get Tim to look at me and we were really good friends, so I obviously wasn't very good at flirting!
6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Nope.
7. Were you on any varsity teams? Nope. I played basketball until my Junior year, but never made it onto Varsity and decided my senior year I didn't want to spend so much time on it.
8. Did you get suspended/expelled? Almost was suspended once, but thank goodness NO.
9. Can you still sing the school song? Yes. With all the sporting events my family attended before I was even in high school I had learned it before I got there.
10. Who were your favorite teachers? My favorite teachers were Mrs. Frost who taught me in A.P. Government who I also did my student teaching with 3 years ago, Mr. Billet, my AP US History teacher (he is awesome), Mrs. Wright my math teacher (without her I never would have made it past Algebra II), and Mrs. Guisti my French teacher just because she is so sweet!
11. Where did you sit during lunch? My Freshman year (before I could drive) I sat with friends in the quad at a table and then when it got cold, in the lunchroom at a table. After I got my drivers license we usually ate at Subway or another place.
12. What is your school's full name? Churchill County High School
13. School mascot and colors? Green and white. We're the Fallon Greenwave.
14. Did you go to Homecoming? Of course! I was never up for queen, but I always had a friend of two who were and my hubby crowned the queen our Senior year.
15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? You could not pay me enough money to repeat high school. It was fine and I learned a lot of hard lessons, but I would never want to repeat it! Plus, since I am there all the time now and see how much harder it is, I would not want to be in high school right now!
16. How many people were in your graduating class? 300 or 350.
17. What do you remember most about graduation? I remember being able to sit in the first two rows thanks to my grades, Tim is just as smart or smarter than me but was too cool to take the smart classes in high school. All my friends and I were in the same area. I also remember grad night at the base which was a lot of fun and being really tired and cranky by the time we got home at 6am (see, Tim had been warned about how I act if I don't get enough sleep and he is still married to me and is having children with me).
18. Were you in any clubs? No, well I guess Honors Society, if that counts.
19. Have you gained some weight since then? Ummm, YES! I wish I could say no, or just at first, but I will never weight what I did in high school, it's just not physically possible! I have curves not and I like that!!!
20. Did you have a job while in high school? Yes. I worked at the good ol' Dairy Queen and also at my dad's office.
21. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Most likely, mainly out of curiosity because we live here, we'll see after that though. I also plan on being about 5 months pregnant, than no one can anything about how I look and if they do they are just mean, but I can never plan those things!
Anyone who wants to do this feel free! It's kind of fun!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Kylan finally has a halloween costume. Until a couple days ago, he just wasn't going to have one because I hadn't found one and I am not a big Halloween person, so I figured he doesn't know and he can just wear his halloween shirt my mom got him, it's not like we are taking him trick-or-treating. Uncle Derild and Aunt Lynne saved him though and brought over all of their old costumes, which were a lot of my families old costumes from when we were little (Kal, does this look familiar). So, he is a dinosaur (there's a tail in the back) and I will get better pics tonight hopefully at my parents ward truck or treat.
I also decided to take another pregnancy picture today to show how much I have grown since my last one. This baby is growing daily! Tim couldn't believe how much further my belly is sticking out when he got home Sunday.
And lastly, Tim and I have gotten two early Christmas presents. First, a ventless gas fireplace from my parents. It will hopefully be ready to go in the next few weeks and we are way excited! It should heat our whole house, so that will be awesome! The second one we got today, a new washer!!! Our stackable died about a year ago, so we put in the side by side that I had from college (the dryer had to go in the garage). Well, apparently the last time we moved them, we broke whatever is in the washer that keeps the basket stabalized and so my washer has been slowly falling apart, and by falling apart I mean losing screws, the sides coming off, the top no longer attached to the bottom falling apart! Needless to say, I am so excited especially since we got an awesome washer at an even more awesome price! Yea for early Christmas presents!!!
Friday, October 24, 2008
(A picture from the night before Bill left for the MTC)
Kylan and I have now spent 6 lonely nights and days without Tim!! Luckily there are only two more lonely nights to go. Kylan and I have been doing suprisingly well. The day time is about the same. Kylan is usually napping when Tim is home for lunch, and I have been taking lots of naps during that time, however when 5:00 starts to roll around Mom just doesn't cut it anymore. Luckily we have awesome grandparents, so we have been going to my mom and dad's every night and grandpa takes him outside for an hour or so to feed the dogs, ride the four wheeler, hunt rabbits with a bow, or whatever else he is doing. Kylan feels like such a big boy when he gets to help grandpa. We hang out there until 9 or 10 and then come home. However, not only is it hard for me to fall asleep, but Kylan is having a hard time also. I haven't been able to turn off the hall light until 11:00 or later because he just lays in there awake, luckily not crying, but awake. I know it's weird, but it's like he doesn't feel as secure either without dad home. Needless to say, we will both be so happy to see dad in about 36 hours hopefully!!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Then, to top it all off, it was another little boys first day today, and he walked right in and never looked back. Maybe by the time he is 3 he will like it!
Friday, October 17, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
The ultrasound was fun, Kylan was so excited that my belly was hanging out he kept telling my mom and the technician that that was his baby. I think he was just excited I was allowing my belly to be out in front of other people since he knows he isn't allowed to pull my shirt up if anyone else is around. He also insisted on laying on dad's lap like I was laying down. I was a little disappointed in the pics from the ultrasound, they are really grainy and hard to see. Kylan's were so clear plus we got a few 3D ones, but at least we could see it was a girl for sure, she seemed to be in the perfect position! So of course afterwards we had to go and buy something pink, thus the little shoes at the top of this. I also had to put up a picture of my little boy and how cute he is watching Winnie the Pooh in Tim and my bed, which he would do all day if I let him! Thanks for all the comments, we love them!
P.S. No names yet, but Tim and I don't like to decide the final name until we see the baby. We do know her middle name will be Rae. It's my middle name and 2 out of my 3 girl cousins on my dad's side have it as well as my grandma Schank, so that will be the middle name.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Your baby is about 11 inches long (the size of a spaghetti squash) and weighs about 1 lbsI finally called yesterday to reschedule my ultrasound and apparently they aren't too busy here, so they got me in next Tuesday in the afternoon! I am so excited! Maybe I should quit cursing the Canada hunting trip since it did move my ultrasound up!!! Also, I am officially 5 months pregnant. I'm torn as to whether that is exciting or not, this pregnancy is going way too fast!
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
- Says all kinds of things. Like when I ask him where something is and he doesn't know, he shrugs his shoulders and says "I don know". He also says hi to everyone in the grocery store, doctors office, football game,. . . He says goodbye to everything, whether it's the checker at the store or his bath when he gets out. My favorite thing is when he says "lov ou" (love you) and adds momma to the end. He will just randomly say this during the day and it melts me!
- Running!!! Everywhere!!! I think it is so funny that once a kid learns how to run they never walk. Just think about the shape adults would be in if we did this! Since his legs are a little bowed (doctor said not a worry), it is pretty funny to watch!
- Jumping! It took awhile for him to get is feet off the ground, he used to just bend his knees, but once he figured it out if he isn't running he is jumping. He falls constantly, but that never seems to bother him, in fact he likes it!
- My second favorite, next to the love you thing is that he can follow directions! He throws his diapers away, without even being asked, brings me his shoes and my shoes when I ask him, and can usually remember when he left things and get them.
- This is probably tied with my favorite new thing, he is a total daddy's boy! As soon as he wakes up he asks me where dad is and I say I don't know where is he and he answers work with cows, trucks, tractors, grandpa, Bill, Gav, etc . . . He absolutely loves and adores his dad which is how it should be!
I can't wait to see what the next years bring! I just love being this little boys mom!
P.S. No more shots or doctors appointments for Kylan for a whole year - Whoohoo (as Kylan would say)