Friday, October 24, 2008

Complaining about my hubby being gone . . .

(A picture from the night before Bill left for the MTC)

Kylan and I have now spent 6 lonely nights and days without Tim!! Luckily there are only two more lonely nights to go. Kylan and I have been doing suprisingly well. The day time is about the same. Kylan is usually napping when Tim is home for lunch, and I have been taking lots of naps during that time, however when 5:00 starts to roll around Mom just doesn't cut it anymore. Luckily we have awesome grandparents, so we have been going to my mom and dad's every night and grandpa takes him outside for an hour or so to feed the dogs, ride the four wheeler, hunt rabbits with a bow, or whatever else he is doing. Kylan feels like such a big boy when he gets to help grandpa. We hang out there until 9 or 10 and then come home. However, not only is it hard for me to fall asleep, but Kylan is having a hard time also. I haven't been able to turn off the hall light until 11:00 or later because he just lays in there awake, luckily not crying, but awake. I know it's weird, but it's like he doesn't feel as secure either without dad home. Needless to say, we will both be so happy to see dad in about 36 hours hopefully!!

P.S. I have slacked on the housework also since Tim has been gone and have spent the last two days trying to catch up. I think it's funny that I don't feel obligated to keep our house as clean since Tim isn't here, not that he ever says anything to me about how clean or unclean the house is.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Don't feel bad about not cleaning the house with him gone. I never seem to clean very much when Gabe is gone and then have to do it all just before he gets home. Plus I know how it is when husbands are gone (not with a child yet) but nights suck and there is never anything good to do without them.