Thursday, October 30, 2008

High School Flashback

I saw this on a blog of someone I kind of know, and thought it was fun, especially since Tim and I were kind of talking about our school experiences and how I really have a horrible memory and remember nothing of elementary school. I DO remember high school (sometimes unfortunately) and I thought this would be fun, so here goes. . .



1. Did you date someone from your school? Obviously, this is a yes. Tim and I started dating our Junior year. I dated a couple other people before that, but nothing too serious.

2. What kind of car did you drive? I drove a few different vehicles in high school. My first car was my Aunt's 1982 Corrolla, then I moved on to my uncles 1988 Ford Bronco and my dad's old 1995(?) Chevi Truck (I had my choice for awhile until the twins got their license's). My senior year I really moved up in the world and got my dad's 1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport (it was only a year old) which was mine until about a year ago when we sold it. I also have to mention that all except the Jeep were stick shifts!

3. Did you pass your driver's license test on the first try? No, and I was so upset! I had no problems the second time around, and I took both of these in my stick shift corrolla!

4. Were you a party animal? I started out pretty social, but became less social as high school went on.

5. Were you considered a flirt? I don't think so. It took me 3 years to get Tim to look at me and we were really good friends, so I obviously wasn't very good at flirting!

6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? Nope.
7. Were you on any varsity teams? Nope. I played basketball until my Junior year, but never made it onto Varsity and decided my senior year I didn't want to spend so much time on it.
8. Did you get suspended/expelled? Almost was suspended once, but thank goodness NO.
9. Can you still sing the school song? Yes. With all the sporting events my family attended before I was even in high school I had learned it before I got there.
10. Who were your favorite teachers? My favorite teachers were Mrs. Frost who taught me in A.P. Government who I also did my student teaching with 3 years ago, Mr. Billet, my AP US History teacher (he is awesome), Mrs. Wright my math teacher (without her I never would have made it past Algebra II), and Mrs. Guisti my French teacher just because she is so sweet!
11. Where did you sit during lunch? My Freshman year (before I could drive) I sat with friends in the quad at a table and then when it got cold, in the lunchroom at a table. After I got my drivers license we usually ate at Subway or another place.
12. What is your school's full name? Churchill County High School
13. School mascot and colors? Green and white. We're the Fallon Greenwave.
14. Did you go to Homecoming? Of course! I was never up for queen, but I always had a friend of two who were and my hubby crowned the queen our Senior year.
15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? You could not pay me enough money to repeat high school. It was fine and I learned a lot of hard lessons, but I would never want to repeat it! Plus, since I am there all the time now and see how much harder it is, I would not want to be in high school right now!
16. How many people were in your graduating class? 300 or 350.
17. What do you remember most about graduation? I remember being able to sit in the first two rows thanks to my grades, Tim is just as smart or smarter than me but was too cool to take the smart classes in high school. All my friends and I were in the same area. I also remember grad night at the base which was a lot of fun and being really tired and cranky by the time we got home at 6am (see, Tim had been warned about how I act if I don't get enough sleep and he is still married to me and is having children with me).
18. Were you in any clubs? No, well I guess Honors Society, if that counts.
19. Have you gained some weight since then? Ummm, YES! I wish I could say no, or just at first, but I will never weight what I did in high school, it's just not physically possible! I have curves not and I like that!!!
20. Did you have a job while in high school? Yes. I worked at the good ol' Dairy Queen and also at my dad's office.
21. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Most likely, mainly out of curiosity because we live here, we'll see after that though. I also plan on being about 5 months pregnant, than no one can anything about how I look and if they do they are just mean, but I can never plan those things!
Anyone who wants to do this feel free! It's kind of fun!

No comments: