Monday, January 19, 2009

37 Weeks & Kylan at Work

WARNING: LONG POST!!!
Here I am at 37 weeks. The comparison of a week ago is below. I probably look smaller if anything because I think she has dropped further - feels like she is going to fall out, but I know it's not that easy! No face shot because we have had a busy day and while I should be sleeping right now, Kylan feels the 10 minutes he slept in the car and then 10 more minutes in his bed were a good enough nap, so I am making him stay in his room until nap time is over hoping he will fall back to sleep, but that hope is slipping away with each minute including my nap time!! Anyway, not looking too good right now!
We got pretty excited on Saturday. I started having contractions in the afternoon and they were 5 minutes apart for a couple hours, but they never got any worse and so I opted not to go in and sometime in the night they stopped completely. This is how it was with Kylan also, so my hopes of going early are slipping away. Meanwhile I feel like I have done a million crunches and it gets worse each day as I keep repeating this pattern every afternoon and night! I'm sure I'll still be big and pregnant come February 7th, even if my doctor says otherwise!

Here are the pink flowery sheets that I got to go with Kylan's bedding for the baby. I think it looks pretty cute and was much cheaper than buying all new stuff. I also got a solid pink and white with pink polka dots.

And here is Kylan in his work clothes with dad at the dairy today. Grandpa and Grandma Sorensen got both he and Braden these cute Carhart work pants and his shirt (which you can't see) that has a tractor and say's "Daddy's Helper". He also loves his work boots. He loves going to work with dad and when we are at home he likes to feed the cows lunch and dinner on his big truck. I hope he continues to love working with dad when he is older, although he is a little leary when it comes to actually being around the cows and the poop - he always tells dad his boots are yucky and is sure not to get too close to them! I haven't done a list of the cute things he does in awhile, so here are some of my favorites:

  • He loves to tell mom, dad, grandma's, grandpa's and aunts and uncles that he loves them and usually after leaving one of their houses he says the whole way home "love grammie" or whoever it was we were visiting! He's such a sweet heart.
  • He can open the fridge and likes to keep a sippie of milk and a cup of water on the bottom shelf, then he can go and get a drink as he pleases. He also likes to help me by getting the milk carton out of the fridge when I am getting him some and putting it back - but only once it's about half gone or more!
  • He loves to help me! He puts the silverware away while I empty the dishwasher (he just throws it in the drawer and I have to fix it later, but at least it's in the drawer), he puts his bath toys away, he'll take things to the rooms they belong in, etc. He loves to help!
  • He has started singing "Happy Birthday". This is his favorite song ever since his first birthday. Everytime we are at a birthday party and we start singing, he just lights up. Well the other day he was singing while I was changing his diaper and I figured out that's what he was singing!
  • He loves to dance and "shake his booty" and he has his own opinion as to what is a "dance" song and what isn't. He now yells at me if I change a song he likes in the car and instructs me to dance if a good song is on. He also makes grandma Schank replay (horrible) dance shows for him, and since she is wrapped around his finger, she records them for him for when he comes over!

Well, that's a short list, but some of my favorites! This post is long, so I will end it now! But before I forget, he is finally better!!! I am so happy to have him well again!

1 comment:

Camille said...

Love the cute bedding! Little girls are so much fun! I hope she comes early for your sake!