Wednesday, January 7, 2009

30 Days and other things . . .

So, first of all I have about 30 days left until my due date and we are so excited! However I have found something to do that will probably take that entire time (I will explain later). I also had my first weekly appointment yesterday. Nothing too exciting, no dialation, but the head is where it should be. That's fine, since we don't want her to come until after 37 weeks (don't want a premie). Dr. Reimer also asked me when Kylan came and I told him I was induced 5 days late, and he said "well maybe we'll induce you 5 days early, Ha ha ha" (my doctor laughs constantly). Well, I'll believe that when I see it, but it did make me feel a little better.

The thing that I thought would be occupying my time for the next 30 days isn't going to be as hard as I first thought (thank goodness). I (stupidly) let my sub and teaching licenses expire (one in April and one this last Sunday), so while I have submit new applications for renewal of these two, I can do them together without an additional fee and I don't have to pay to have my test scores from a test I took back in 2002 sent to them, I can just copy the ones I have and that is good enough! The one really bad thing is that I can't sub before the baby is born, but this is my fault. This is what happens when you look at things once 3 years ago and don't look at them again. I thought the provisions put on my licenses were for the test I took after student teaching, so just assumed that it had been taken care of, not one that I took during my freshman year of college! Oh well, lesson learned!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kass...if you can renew without taking any classes, you are in good shape! You and baby girl probably need to rest and slow down between now and delivery, anyway. I'm glad they haven't heaped any new requirements on you and that it's just a matter of time and $$$. (I take it you just have to get them a copy of that test from your freshman year and pay up.) It's like I told Carmen...just drive over to Carson and throw yourself on their mercy...it wouldn't hurt to cry a little! :-) You'll probably still be organizing baby stuff in the next few weeks anyway. Sorry you had this trauma, though
Love you,
Grandma