Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mya Rae Sorensen

Mya Rae Sorensen

Born January 24th

6lbs 14oz 19 inches

Both mom and baby are doing great!

I have a minute - Mya is sleeping and Ky is still at my parents so I thought I would give a few more details. I started having contractions pretty regularly at about 11pm on Friday night. At 3am they kind of plateued and since I know that nothing happens until they break my water I decided to wait. I made Tim go hunting on his last day of duck/goose season and Kylan and I went walking. By 1:00 I was tired and sore and so we decided to go in. We got upstairs at 1:45 and while they were monitoring me before they called my doctor, he just happened to stop by. At 2:30 he broke my water, which broke really easily and then after monitoring me for a while I got up and walked for about 45 minutes. They wouldn't let me have an epidural until I was dialted to a 5, so I had some waiting time. After a coupld hours they started me on a "whiff" of pitocin (my doctors words) and boy did things take off. At 7pm I was in what I thought was a lot of pain (little did I know) and my new nurse said I was a 5 and literally ran to order my epidural. Thirty minutes later I was fully dialated, my doctor was there and the epidural lady had just shown up a little too late, so much to my dismay I had a natrual labor, other than the pitocin. I pushed for maybe 5 minutes and she was born at 7:49pm.

This delivery was so different from Kylan's, and while I know that there are benefits to not having an epidural (thank goodness or else I would've killed someone afterwards), I prefer the less painful way!! As my brother Kade would say "Now I Know!" the epidural will be ordered before Pitocin is started and before I am a 5, because I have gone that fast twice now! Anyway, things went well overall and she is beautiful and we are loving having her. She slept really well in the hospital, Tim and I actually got some sleep and Kylan is so cute with her. Last night he was so excited to show everyone his "baby sister Myna (how he says it)" and today he almost started crying when my mom told him they were going to see mom and dad because he wanted to see his baby! He doesn't like it when she cries though and his bottom lip comes out and starts quivering and he says "no crying baby sister." He is such a sweet boy!! Here are some more pictures!

Soon after she was born. She was starving so cried for about an hour probably, which the nurses and doctor liked because it cleared her lungs.

Kylan and I. I can't believe how big he is now! It seems like just yesterday we were just bringing him home!

Kylan's first look at his baby sister.

Holding her for the first time. He loved it!

Coming home. She didn't even scream when we put her in the car seat and she slept for about 2 hours in it when we got home, and I got a nap! Yea!!!

22 comments:

Cassie said...

Kassi, congrats she is cute and I am glad she come early for you.

Montserrat said...

Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!!

She is beautiful. Definitely takes after her mother. :D

Karin said...

I'm so glad she's here. Beautiful name too!

The Youngs said...

Awe... Mya is just BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations! I love the name you picked out for her too. Hope everyone is adjusting well. Can't wait to see her in person. :)

nettie said...

congratulations! what a sweet little girl, she definitely looks like she comes from the brett sorensen family :)

Mary said...

Yay. So cute. I like the name choice too :)

Kelli said...

yay for healthy babies! she totally looks like rachel to me!

The Jeffs Family said...

Congrats!!!!!!!! She is beautiful! She weighed just about the same as Spencer. He was 6lbs. 13 oz. and 20" long. I can't believe all the hair too! I am so thrilled for you guys. I will pass the good news on the the fam out here.

Haley said...

LUCKY DUCK! Boy and then girl right in a row! SO happy for you and Tim...your little ones are ADORABLE!!

Abe n Linz said...

Way to go! I understand that you didn't want to go natural, but that's awesome that you did by default and had her so quickly!
I can't wait to meet and hold her.

zippy said...

Yay, she's home! Congratulations Kassi, Tim, and Ky--Mya is absolutely beautiful!

Camille said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations! What a beautiful baby! Your one tough cookie having a natural birth! Yikes! I am so glad all is well.

DK Johnston said...

Kassi...she is beautiful!! Oh my goodness I really would have killed someone if I didn't get my epidural. You are one tough girl!! Congrats!

Vicki said...

Congratulations Kassie and Tim--she is beautiful! I love her name. Tell your folks hi for Tom and I.

Sam and Brooke Ballard said...

This brings back some awesome memories and feelings. She is just perfect. Good job mom and dad! BEAUTIFUL!!!

kelsey j said...

We are so happy for you! That is so exciting. She is as beautiful as everyone said. She is definitely making me a baby hungry.

Lewieville said...

COngrats! That is so fun I love girls. Have fun

Norby Family said...

Congratulations! She is adorable. It just gets more and more fun as they get older. Enjoy her!

JRC said...

yeah!!! She is beautiful! Congrats! Cute going home outfit!

Kim said...

My heart hurts for you and not getting an epidural! We are glad that she is here and all is well with both of you!

LasVegasSchank's said...

Congrats Tim & Kassi! Can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks to see Mya for the first time. I can't believe that will be us in 5 months!!!
Love,
Darren & Marie

Anonymous said...

Congrats Tim and Kassi! She is adorable!