Sunday, January 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Mya Girl!

Her birthday isn't until tomorrow, but since she and Emmit are napping and Kylan is hanging out with Grandma Teri I thought I would do this post while I have a minute. My My-My girl will be two tomorrow (I asked her if her name was Mya yesterday and she said no, and then I asked her what her name was then and she said "my-my"). I can't even believe that it has been two years since I had her because in a lot of ways it feels like just yesterday she looked like this:


and this:
And now she looks like this:


Her nickname from practically birth has been Beastie Girl (and all our family members understand why) and although she has her moments, she is such a sweet girl! She also makes me laugh everyday (sometimes I have to get after her first and then laugh later)! So here is what Mya Rae is doing at 2 years old:
  • She has (finally) started talking really well and is saying new things everyday and starting to put her words together into phrases and sentences. The other day she told me that "Emmit is cute"
  • It's hard for her to say Emmit, she says it "Emt" so she usually just refers to him as "baby"
  • She LOVES her big brother Ky. She always wants to know where he is and if he gets to go anywhere without her she is VERY excited when he gets home.
  • She also LOVES her dad and as soon as she hears the laundry room door at lunch time or night she runs to the laundry room sqealing "daddy" and then says "need you" which in Mya means pick me up.
  • She loves books and loves me to read to her. The funniest part is she really loves Grandpa Donald to read to her, and since he will do anything she asks he does it even though he hates it!
  • When I take her to the store she works her big blue eyes with everyone we go by, so I hear a lot of "oooing" and "awing" the whole time.
  • She is very stubborn and head strong. If she doesn't want to do something, she looks right at you and says "NO!" then walks away. I think we may be in trouble!
  • She is pretty fearless. All the crazy throwy, flippy thingys that Uncle Kent does that scared Kylan she loves!
  • She has started learning to count (thanks to Kylan, not me) and is learning her colors. However, when she doesn't know what color something is she calls it "ink" (pink).
  • When she is making a decision on what she wants to says "um, um, um . . ." until she decides.
  • When she is really upset she doesn't cry, but her chin starts quivering and her eyes get really big and she runs to Tim or I and buries her head in us. It is really pitiful!
Happy Birthday Mya Rae! We love you and are so thankful you are part of our family!

3 comments:

The Fallon Schank's said...

She is a doll. (We got to see a lot of her this weekend and that was fun.)

Lyle and Lori said...

Wow! Two years already. That's crazy. Weren't we just in YW together with all those girls who wanted to hold her and walk around with her as a tiny newborn? She is adorable and you're a great mom. XOXO, Lori

Craig Howes said...

What a cutie! Great photo's!