Friday, January 28, 2011

Ky's Treehouse

We have (well, had) this weird tree in the middle of our lawn right in front of our front porch that we have been wanting to cut down since we moved in. When it came time to re-roof the house, it came down to make room for the dump truck. So, for the last month the tree has been laying in our front yard and Kylan has been calling it his tree house. He works on it everyday - fixing the roof, building a garage, etc. So, while it is in the way and kind of ugly, it is keeping my kids very happy, so I'm okay with it sticking around until we have to start mowing our lawn again!
Ignore the interesting clothes - it's laundry day and Mya is really good at finding and getting into any little speck of mud she can find outside, and getting food all over her so she isn't in good clothes unless we are going somewhere!


Kylan working on the roof.


And I had to include a picture of Emmit because I think he is so cute all the time! He is getting close to 6 months old (which I can't believe) and yet is still totally content to just lay on the ground or stand in his exersaucer and watch his brother and sister play! He can roll from his stomach to his back and I think he could go the other way if he really wanted to, but he doesn't seem to mind not being able to mover around more. He can scoot himself around a little and he is getting closer to being able to sit by himself, but he is way behind his brother and sister in these areas. However, he is so much happier than they were that I am just fine with it!

Here are some cute things that have happened recently:

Last night Emmit was screaming for about 30 min or longer straight and nothing I was doing was making him happy (so not like him), so I finally went and put him back on my bed because that is where he takes naps and I thought maybe he was just tired. Well, Kylan was very concerned, so I told him he could go try to make him happy if he wanted. Within just a couple minutes I could hear Emmit laughing! He just loves Kylan so much and it sure does make me happy!!!!

The kids got a little play blender for Christmas and Tim and I have been trying to be healthier, so we have been working out and we usually drink a protein shake for breakfast in the morning after Tim gets home from playing basketball and I get done with my work out video. Well, the other morning Kylan told me that he had just gotten done playing basketball and that he was making a protein shake in his blender and wanted to know if I wanted some! Kylan also will do my work outs with me, but only if there is a guy on the video doing the exercises. If there isn't, then he says he can't do them!

Mya has been talking a lot more all of a sudden. We had some of her birthday cake left over and so the other night after dinner she pushed her plate away and then said "Chocate cake peeze". She is really good at saying "peeze" and it makes it hard to say no to anything she asks for!

I recently showed Ky how to push play on the remote for the dvd player in their room. A few days later he (all by himself) knew how to pause, rewind, and open and change the cd.

No comments: