Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Blue Board

The blue board I believe was my Grandpa Cyril's creation - a sled turned into something you can ride behind the boat. When I was little there was a skiing progression that we all followed - the blueboard, then the knee board, then two ski's, then one ski and eventually the one ski was replaced by the wake board. At one time I could ski on one ski, but as soon as the wake board replaced that I switched to it (the wake board hurts a lot less than one ski and is much easier).

Well, the next generation began this progression this last weekend. They were all so cute! Kylan and Evan were pretty serious the whole time, but Mya was pretty fearless! She totally skipped her knees and went straight from her belly to standing and grandpa wasn't quite ready, but she kept her balance well and even sat on it facing backwards at one point!

I don't know if Evan or Ky would've gone without the other one. Sometimes peer pressure is a good thing!
And here is Kylan looking so proud of himself!



1 comment:

The Hellyars said...

It looks like the kids had so much fun! Makes me miss the long days we used to have at the lake.