Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Emmit

It's really hard for me to believe that this little guy is already 1!!! Where did the time go?? I know I've said that about both Mya and Kylan, but this time I am really wondering where the time has gone!

The boy who started out as my smallest yet, is definitly not the smallest anymore. I'm afraid he and Ky will be wearing the same size before I know it. He is just a big kid - tall, big and strong!
And he is such a sweet baby - like his older brother in that way - and he loves to smile and laugh. He also gets shy very easily and I love when he makes his shy face when people talk to him. Melts my heart!

He's favorite people (other than mom) are his big brother, big sister and of course his dad. But he is definitly a momma's boy! Tim always jokes that he only uses him as a way to get to me. However, now that he is weaned, he is bonding with his dad a lot more!

And here are the customary messy first birthday pictures. He loved having everyone sing to him and was pretty clean compared to my other two eating his cupcake. Once he got started though he inhaled the whole cupcake in like 30 seconds!












Here are some of the things Emmit can do or likes to do at 1 year:


  • He loves steering wheels. He rides on my lap down to the barn or down to Grandma and Grandpas and he stands up holding onto the steering wheel the whole time we are driving. He also does it when he rides in the dump truck with Tim.

  • He loves to play in the water at the beach. He loves to crawl into it, but he crawls with his bum in the air so his knees don't get in the sand. It's so cute!

  • After weeks of trying to teach him, he figured out during his party last night how to crawl DOWN the stairs! He was so happy this morning because he loves to crawl up to the landing and play and now he can get down by himself!

  • He loves to eat cold cereal for breakfast, frozen chicken nuggets or hot dogs for lunch and really anything for dinner (although I think that meat loaf and brocolli are probably his favorite).

  • He loves to watch the kids and the puppy out of the windows when they are playing outside.

  • He loves to open and close things - drawers, cupboards, doors, etc - but he rarely pulls things out which is awesome!

  • He already wants my soda whenever I have one, but he doesn't like the way it tastes and always spits it out! I guess he just wants to do what I am doing!

  • He hardly ever sleeps in the car unless he is REALLY tired!

  • He says momma, dada, hi, ut oh, stop, done, and grammy (but grandma has only heard that)

  • He can point to things that he wants or where he wants to go.

  • He loves to wrestle and if you lay down he will come up and "tackle" you complete with sound effects!

  • This morning for his birthday he woke up with a cold:( poor baby!

  • He hasn't even tried to walk yet, but he is really good at cruising. I'm okay with him still crawling - at least he can't run from me yet!

We love you Emmit and are so happy that you are part of our family!


2 comments:

Tessa said...

He is so cute!! Happy Birthday little man!

The Fallon Schank's said...

Far too cute! What a great, little blessing!