Friday, March 23, 2012

Little Get-Away!

Tuesday my mom called while we were in Reno and invited Tim and I to go overnight to California with she and my dad to watch UNR play Stanfort in the NIT tournament, spend the night and then go to the temple  and eat crab sandwiches and milk shakes at Leatherby's on our way home. Of course we couldn't pass that up! Thanks to my wonderful in-laws, sister-in-laws and the rest of the young mens presidency (who took over the court of honor Tim was supposed to do Wednesday night) we were able to have a night away from our kids and a fun couple of days!
It was so fun to see the Stanford campus (absolutely beautiful and we saw a lot of it because we took a few wrong turns on the way to the stadium) and go to a UNR game (I haven't been to one since I was pregnant with Kylan and we were living in Logan) even if they did play terribly! Stanford has an awesome gym to watch basketball in!

 I hadn't been to the Oakland Temple except to do baptisms when I was 12 or to wait outside during weddings, so it was great to do a session there! Plus it is where my parents and Tim's parent's were sealed. I promise I am pregnant in this picture, my black shirt is just blending in with Tim's jacket so you can't see my belly!
 From the roof looking down. It was kind of cold up there so my mom and I didn't go all the way around, but it was such a clear day (probably because of the wind) that you could see all of San Francisco from the temple.

 We stopped in Sacramento at Leatherby's on our way home and had delicious crab sandwiches and milk shakes. THE BEST EVER! I could eat probably 4 of these they are so good! I didn't get any pictures of our ice-cream, but they make all their own on site and their own carmel and chocolate sauces, which we bought a bottle of the carmel one and I may or may not be eating it by the spoonful since we don't have any ice-cream at the moment to put it on!
And here are the two that took us along on their fun date! Thank you so much mom and dad! It was just what we needed and was so much fun!

No comments: