Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers Day, Yard Work and Third Trimester

I have been carrying my camera in my purse with me for the last week or so that I would be better at taking pictures, well it doesn't work well if you leave the memory chip in your computer. Oh well. 
I had a wonderful Mother's Day. Tim took me out to dinner earlier in the week, then he took the kids to Walmart and they picked me out some yellow roses and Hair Spray on DVD (the good one with John Travolta) or Tracy as my kids call it. Church was a bit of a nightmare like always, but after church Emmit took a nap while Tim and I watched Hair Spray and the other kids kind of left us alone, which was nice! That evening we went down to Brett and Teri's and had bbq'ed hamburgers and salads and then Teri's yummy homemade hot fudge on ice-cream and brownies! It was such a nice day thanks to my wonderful husband who pretty much took care of the kids all by himself so I could relax (except when Emmit got a terrible bloody nose, that took both of us to clean up)!
 Emmit and Logan playing on their favorite thing the 4 wheeler!
 Ky and Grandpa
 My-my girl
 Best friends/cousin's Braden and Ky
 Logan and Jocelyn checking out the fish in the pond.
We have also been busy doing yard work lately - and by we I mean Tim has been busy and I have been offering moral support! I do water the lawn everyday because we replanted a bunch of it and I am happy to say it is coming up very nicely!

 Tim has dug out a lot of plant roots in the last few days. He dug out a tree/bush root that was huge so we could put in this planter box with flowers.
 He dug out 4 rosebushes along this side of the house. We are going to put a path with pavers of some kind to keep the water away from the house.
 And he dug out 5 roses bushes along this part of the house, along with a creeping vine thingy and then releveled, rotatilled and then spread poison to try to keep anything from coming back. We want to plant raspberries here but are going to wait until next year to make sure we have killed all the other things that were growing here.
 And this is where the gopher is being trapped that is digging holes in our backyard. 
 And these Iris's are one of my favorite parts of our yard. I cannot take credit for them, Tim's grandparents planted them. I am just glad I get to enjoy them!
 Tree's that Tim, his dad, Kyle, Bill and Rick have been trimming.
 And last but not least our garden. Hard to see, but there are tomatoes, peppers, and squash planted.
And I have entered the third trimester this week and I am starting to feel it. I really wish I could say I feel great all the time, but the truth is I am pretty sore, tired and uncomfortable by the end of pretty much everyday, however I'm not really ready to have this little girl here yet either! I'm a little over 12 weeks from my due date, and possibly 10 weeks from having her (which she is already way low, so hopefully in 10 weeks she will be here). The kids (well, Ky and Mya) are getting really excited for her to come. Kylan is really hoping she has darker hair like his and green eyes. He says two blondies are enough! And since he seems to get what he wants when I am pregnant, I won't be a bit surprised if that is exactly what she has!

1 comment:

The Fallon Schank's said...

Cute pics! (Amazing yard work!) What a fun family!