Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Marriage Meme

I was tagged to do this by my friend Montsie - the first blog I ever visited! Here are 8 facts about Tim and my marriage:
1. Tim and I were married October 16, 2004 - about 7 weeks after he came home from his mission on September 4th.
2. We had been friends since middle school and dated since we were Juniors in high school. With the exception of a few dates (which I was asked on, but didn't go on any second dates) I waited for him while he was in Argentina!
3. On our second anniversary we found out that we were having a boy (Kylan). That was the day we had "THE" ultrasound. I would have to say that will be the best anniversary ever!
4. I am the one who always forgets the date we got married, not Tim!
5. We got married so quickly that we didn't actually have our reception until December 18th. We got married on a Friday during the middle of my second to last semester at UNR so we spent the weekend up at Squaw Valley and then I had to go to class on Monday. However we both think that putting the reception off until later like we did was really nice! We didn't have to rush to a reception and we feel like we were able to help a little more than we would have if we had had it at the same time.
6. The first year of our marriage was very very hectic - Tim commuted back and forth to Fallon everyday until the end of March when his appendix burst, then I and our families moved us back to Fallon while I commuted and finished my last semester of school. We bought a house and moved again and then I student taught. Life has calmed down a lot since then, even though we now have a baby, nothing will compare to that first year.
7. We have one child, Kylan Brett Sorensen, who is 4 1/2 months old and we found out we were pregnant with him the night of Gavin and Rayanne's baby shower for Bradon. We were so excited that we told our parents that night. It was also only a couple weeks after I found out I had some fertility issues that we thought we would end up having to take medication for to get pregnant, so we were very very suprised!
8. We are fortunate enough to be able to live in the same town as both of our parents and we absolutely love it!
Well, there it is, it's a little harder to come up with 8 facts than I thought it would be! I am now officially tagging everyone on my friends and family list - I look forward to reading yours!!

1 comment:

Montserrat said...

I found it hard to come up with eight facts too. I forgot you guys were married shortly after Tim returned home.