Saturday, April 19, 2008

Has it really been that long???

I am ashamed to admit that the last couple weeks I have been mesmerized (sp) by MySpace.com. I have had an account for awhile because a good friend of mine from college has a myspace page that we keep in contact on, so a couple weeks ago I strayed from her page and discovered many people from high school and have been reading up on their lives ever since. All of this has made me realize how long ago it has been since I was in high school and how much has changed. It will be 7 years in a couple months since I was in high school - really not that long ago, but when I look at how much has happened during that time, it seems a million years away, so you will all have to humor me with a little trip down memory lane!

Where I lived for most of college. I lived in an apartment for about a year before moving here. The last pic of all my best friends from school. Jessie is now engaged and a dental hygenist; Karin is married and has two little girls; Michelle teaches kindergarten in Reno and then there is me!

My two favorite roommates in college: Amanda and Darrin. In the first pic we are at a UNR football game. After all games we would go to the Little Nugget and get "Awful Awful's". I also went there a lot going out with work friends on weekends. I ate so many in college I'm sure I knocked 10 years off my life!

Picture of a bulliten board I made at work. I had the best on campus job in college - I loved it! I worked with/for so many fun people! I also went to conference in SLC for the first and only time in college. It was awesome to stand for President Hinkley coming in, but horrible waiting to get in. We didn't have tickets so had to wait in line - not the most enjoyable experience!

Playing dress up in Macy's. Tristin, Carly and I decided one night to go to Macy's and try on clothes in the $100 and over section. Tristin and Carly picked out clothes for each other - I'm not sure they like each other very much!

The night before Tim came home I went out with friends(the people I worked with). I took many more pics than this, but I seem to have lost them, so you only get a picture of me! I cropped my friend out of the pic - it wasn't very flattering of her and she would kill me!! This is the first pic of Tim and I after he got off the plane. I'm not looking too bad for getting home between 4 and 5am, sleeping one hour and then getting up to get ready to go see him. It's amazing how little sleep I could survive on in college!

A couple nights before we got married both fams got together at my parents house. This is a pic of the two engaged couples in the Sorensen Family! The other one is the picture we sent out with our wedding announcements. During our wedding I had the worst cold I have ever had in my whole life! Medicine didn't even seem to touch it. I probably went through a box of Klenix in the temple, not because I was crying, but because my nose was running and my eyes were watering (there were a few tears in there). We had our reception 2 months after we got married.

Picture from our honeymoon at Squaw Valley and our first Christmas married. We took more pics on the honeymoon, but 3 1/2 years later I still haven't developed the disposable camera! Tim remembers our honeymoon as me sleeping the whole time because of the massive amounts of cold medicine I was taking and him catching up on the movies he had missed on his mission.

Our second honeymoon/graduation present for me - our trip to cancun. And finally the best thing in my life (other than being Tim's wife), becoming a mother!

No wonder I'm tired, a lot has happened in only 7 years! I can't wait to see what the next 7 will bring!

3 comments:

Hanna said...

Hi. I enjoyed reading a litte more about you! You and Tim are so cute together! :)

Karin said...

Wowser! I was still thinking it's been 5 years but I did the math for myself and sure enough...

zippy said...

Aww, sweet memories! Thanks for taking us along on your trip down memory lane. : ) I LOVE learning more about you and Tim--thanks for sharing.