Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Yard Work Part II

Yea! One side down (other than plants and couple little things) one more, bigger side to go! Yesterday we lined and spread the gravel - shoveling rock is quite the workout! We decided we will have to do the other side in sections so we don't die shoveling rock because Tim and I are those crazy people who have to finish what they started right now! Anyway, here are some more pics!


Kylan putting dirt on the liner


Liner down, waiting for the gravel - already looks 100 times better!


Is this really enough gravel and do we really have to move it all or is a gravel fairy going to do it for us??


The side of the house




Done, except that we were about a half a wheel-barrow short! Pretty good measuring on my part though!

What Kylan did all day - drink his rootbeer, eat dirt and throw rocks back into the big pile ( I kept trying to get him to through them where there weren't rocks, but he didn't get it!)

What we start on next week!

5 comments:

Alisha said...

yeard work gives me such an accomplished feelings. looking good.
ps. i can't believe the toliet pic. is ky totally trained?
i gave up after jill got sick a few months ago.

zippy said...

Love it--such nice work guys!! Want to come stay for a bit, swim in our pool, and help us landscape our back yard? : )

It's so cool that Ky is potty trained!!! Li'l J still isn't consistant, and I don't want to turn it into a major battle so I'm waiting a couple more months before I fully concentrate on it. I definately would like him out of diapers before the baby comes though! We were so-o lucky with M, he trained early and easily...Li'l J is such a different kid!

zippy said...

P.S. I absolutely LOVE the new blog template. Did you follow Cocoa's tutorial? How easy, or time consuming was it to change? I think I'd like to try changing ours soon.

Kassi said...

Thanks for the compliment on the new blog look! It really wasn't as hard as I thought. THe part that took the most time was reading the directions and then deciding what to do!
Also, Ky's still not fully potty trained - I wish he were. Mostly my fault though, I'm not always the greatest at picking up on his cues that he needs to go, but he is starting to talk more, so hopefully he will be able to TELL me soon! He does use the potty a couple times a day though pretty consistently!

Sam and Brooke Ballard said...

Hey...your yard is looking good! Sam and I know how you feel becuase we are also doing some major yard work. your blog is cute. I am just learning how to do all of this blog stuff too ;) Love, Brooke