Friday, May 2, 2008

Cousins and other fun things

Today Bradon has been at our house all day, and Kylan and he have been having a blast. Of course getting a good pic of them both together is impossible, but I will post the best I got. They first took a bath and splashed until my bathroom was soaked. They then got dressed and Bradon wanted to wear matching of what Kylan was wearing, so instead of his pants he wore Ky's other khaki shorts and they both wore flip flops (so cute!). They played and when Kylan was down for a nap Grandma Teri came by and took Bradon to the bank (to see his mom) and Sonic with her. At lunch, Grandma, Uncle Gav Aunt Rayanne and Tim all ate with us. When everyone left they played outside while I did dishes and sorted through some storage shed stuff, and then at 3:30 both boys went down for a nap and that is where they are now! I love that these two love each other so much. I remember loving being able to play with my cousins pretty much whenever I wanted to, and I'm so glad Kylan will have that same opportunity.

Helping me clean our extra room. Having Bradon for the day forces me to clean out this room where all of our crap seems to gather (which is a really good thing). While doing this I wonder where we are going to store all of this when we have another baby and this is Ky's room!!

In other news, we took Kort to the airport at 5AM on Wednesday to go to the MTC. Since we had to be there so early, we decided to spend the night at the Grand Sierra Resort (for those of you familiar with Reno, but not living nearby it's what used to be the Hilton). We also did this with the Sorensen's for Carly leaving. Poor Kylan, I swear he is going to think that whenever we stay at a hotel he has to get up at 4:30am. Anyway, we got there just in time to go and eat at the buffet (which was pretty good), then we watched a basketball game in Lynne and Derild's room, after which Tim, Ky and I went to bed. The boys played a round of bowling before going to bed. The next morning after the airport, we ate breakfast and then tried to go back to bed for awhile. Kylan slept about another hour. We then left and picked up Tim's new suite pants that were being altered, got Ky a few things at Old Navy and then came home.

Kylan loved walking with everyone around the hotel, and got a lot of practice walking down our 1/4 mile long hallway (I'm not kidding, it was the longest hall on the floor and we were the very last room). We've had a few very busy days to keep our minds off things!

Tim and Kylan in our hotel room relaxing on the bed.

Kylan exploring the whole hotel room - he was so hyper!!

The boys watching the ball game.

Kylan folding his arms. He kept doing this at church a couple sunday's ago and I thought it was a fluke, but Aunt Lynnie got him to do it over and over.

My grandma, me and mom recreating a 3 generation pic we took while I was in college. Notice the blank expressions on our faces - I don't know if we know where we are???

Kylan looking like a big boy walking out to the car with dad. The scary thing is he won't hold our hands without throwing a massive fit, so luckily there weren't any cars around, being that it was pretty early still.

The cutest little bum ever! Also, notice the flip flops. We bought them at old navy that day (for the lake) and he wanted me to put them on him as soon as we got home. I think we have another Uncle Wade and Uncle Kort on our hands!

1 comment:

Craig Howes said...

It is amazing how much you, your mother and your grandmother look alike!