Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mothers Day Present

Yesterday for my mom and I for Valentines Day my dad took us to Reno and let us shop while he played with Kylan. It was so much fun and so sweet of my dad - I am convinced he is the best in the world! We were so busy shopping I didn't get any pics of Kylan and my dad together, but I think Kylan had just as much fun as my mom and I. My dad first dropped us off at the mall while he and Ky went to Sportsman's and Best Buy. After those two stores, he took Ky to Petsmart to look at all the animals. After a snack in the food court he took us to the new mall (the summit) and strolled Ky around until he fell asleep, then he took us to dinner at BJ's (my new favorite place) and then home. It was so great to be able to shop without keeping Kylan busy at the same time and it was great to be able to spend the day with my parents! Tim got me (well actually I got it because I was somewhere where they were on sale) a new chain for my diamond. My grandma gave me a diamond necklace when I got married that had been her step-mom's and the chain it was on had a broken latch, so being afraid that I would lose it, Tim got me a new gold chain for it. While moving to Logan I broke that chain, so I got a sterling silver chain for it (it's white gold anyway) hoping that it won't break as easilY!
In other news, if you are familiar with my family you probably know of my brothers horrible knees. Except for Kent and I, the other three have all had at least two knee surgeries and as many as 6 and they are still horrible. Well Kort had surgery again to repair both of his meniscus' (sp) on both knees about a month ago. A little back ground, he had torn his left ACL over 2 years ago and then recently tore his right one. When they did the test to see if it was torn they found his repaired one had been retorn for quite sometime. You can function without your ACL's, however they had to repair the other torn things. So, when he got to the MTC due to the millions of stairs he had to climb and sitting in class all day without being able to stretch out his knees, they began to swell and hurt really bad again. The MTC called last week wanting to request his medical records from his knee doctor, so when Kort saw the MTC doctor and told him he didn't have either ACL they said he had to go home. Needless to say Kort was pretty sad because he was loving it and had worked so hard. His branch president told him that all that matters is that he was willing to serve, and his Heavenly Father knows that, so he should feel good. They did say if he had them replaced and his knees were 100% he could come back, but in our family that just isn't possible. So, welcome home Elder Schank, we are all very proud of you!

1 comment:

Craig Howes said...

So sorry to hear about Kort. I bet he is disappointed.

Hey Kassi if you don't mind could you send an email to me? nvauminer@gmail.com There is something I would like to tell you about but not here for all to see!

Thanks, Craig