Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back to Work

Reading my friend Josh's latest post I guess "inspired" me to write this one. He is the proud father of a beautiful little girl who he has taken a year off of teaching to stay home with and he's loving the freedom of being at home with her. I think that is awesome!!! I, on the other hand, started back to subbing this week and did two days in a row. The first day I have to say was nice. I had really good classes, a prep period and I got to have adult conversation with other teachers who I hadn't seen all summer. I knew Kylan was having a great time at grandma's house - I could barely get him to give me a kiss goodbye he was so happy to be there - and I was free from his constant demands. However, by yesterday I was really missing him and sick of the teenagers ( I also had some not so fun classes and no prep). Today has been great. Just cleaning the house, reading books to Kylan, watching wonder pets and hanging out. I'm not sure what my point is, but I guess it's that I think it funny that this school year I am looking forward to a few days away from Kylan (and I think he likes it also, while I was missing him yesterday he got to play with Braden all day at grandma's house), last year I hated every single day away from him. I guess it's part of their growing up process. It's fun to see him loving being at his grandparents house (I loved days like that when I was little) and it makes me appreciate my time with him even more!
Kylan also had a little experience with wet cement yesterday. I'll have to have Rayanne send me the pics, they are pretty funny especially since he didn't really get upset about it. He tried to get to dad across some wet cement and ended up falling in face first, except he managed to keep his face out of it. In a way I wish I was there, but it's even funnier since I didn't have to clean him up! When I got to grandma's he and Braden were both in the bath (they always have to do what the other one is doing). Too bad they couldn't have left his imprint in the cement!

No comments: