Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Sick Girl!

I am giving a child antibiotics for the first time (really not bragging about that, Ky just has a great immune system, unless it's the flu), poor Mya has had a cold since mid-October, so I finally took her to the doctor (first time taking a child to the doctor for being sick as well), and although she doesn't have an ear infection or (thank goodness) pnemonia, he still thought it would be a good idea to give her antibiotic to help her get over whatever infection she has. He was also so nice as to not give her penicillan since being allergic to it runs in both of our families! So, hopefully Mya is on the mend, and since I have bragged about my sweet boy, I thought I would give an update on what my sweet girl is up to:
  • She is 10 & 1/2 months old now, which seems unbelievable to me (even her doctor couldn't believe it today), which means she will be 1 in a month and a half!
  • She is not a kisser like her brother, so getting a kiss from her is very special! She does like to make the kissing noise, but doesn't like to actually kiss (takes after her mom)
  • She says "mama" "dada" "dydy" (kyky), "doggie" and "hi"
  • She can point to mom, dad, and Kylan either in person or in pictures
  • She loves to stand up and walk around furniture, or push a toy or furniture in front of her, and is trying desperately to stand up by her self in the middle of the floor, which is really funny to watch and usually ends in a face plant
  • She attempts to take steps, but can't keep her balance well enough yet!
  • She waves hi and bye
  • She makes "mmm" sounds and smacks her lips if she sees something she wants to eat
  • She refuses to eat baby food - has for about 2 months now - she only wants it if she sees you eating it also, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and mac and cheese are her favorites
  • Mya is definitly her dads girl. Example: Tim came to the front door to throw some stuff inside before shoveling the snow the other day, so Mya was not picked up by him immediately, so she proceeded to cry the entire 20 minutes he was outside!
  • She weighs 22lbs 6 1/2 oz (as of today)
  • She loves baths with her brother (but not by herself) and showers with dad

Mya already has such a different personality from Kylan that I am so excited to see what she is like as she gets older, in fact I try to imagine all the time what she will be like at Ky's age! I love you my girl!

1 comment:

Grandma N said...

Sorry you had to take Mya Mia to the doctor, Kass! I knew she had that cold for awhile, but I didn't realize it had been quite that long!! Love all of the photos of the kids - thx for posting regularly.
Love ya,
Grandma N