Friday, July 8, 2011

The Lake

For a lot of people in Northern Nevada, the term "The Lake" refers to Tahoe. For me and my family it's Lahontan Dam. Who needs ice cold Tahoe when warm Lahontan is nearby? Anyway, my family has always gone every Saturday for as long as I can remember, while Tim's family prefers the week days when it is less crowded and go for about a week camping there every year for probably as long as he can remember. Well, combine the two and the kids and I spent 6 of the last 7 days at the Lake and we had so much fun! Saturday and Monday were spent with my family and then Tuesday - Thursday were spent with the Sorensens. I of course forgot my camera every day except today, so that is what I have pics of. But, before we get to the lake pics, we were able to participate in the making of an educational video on dairys early this morning. One of the shots they wanted was all the kids with a calf in the field. Of course the cleanest calf was the craziest one, but the shots turned out great and the kids had a lot of fun!



Emmit became pretty comfortable with the water in the last week. We had to watch him because he would crawl out into it until it was up to his face! He loved to just hang out at the waters edge and splash and play!




I have a lot of pics of him because he is facsinated by the camera right now and so he was the only one who would pause long enough for me to take a picture. I have a lot of shots of Kylan and Mya's backs!





Kylan hanging out in the motor home (or airplane as he liked to pretend he was) and yes his cheeks are sun burnt and have blisters - he never leaves the water!!! So after so many days, no matter how much we reapplied (and trust me we did) his poor skin had had it!





Emmit and I.





Mya's back (see told you, she was too busy playing to ever look at the camera).





Emmit on the jet ski. He is still too little for a ride, but he loved it when grandma sat him on it for a few minutes between riders!



Grandpa taking Braden and Kylan on a ride. Kylan would only ride with grandpa!





And this picture really sums up how all of us are feeling right now! I had sat Emmit in the chair with a towel and a cracker and next thing we knew his head was bobbing and then he was out. Poor little guy had had it!



Highlights of the week:



* Watching Kent wake board! Kylan loved his flips!



*I wake boarded for the first time in two years and I still could get up the first time! Kylan wouldn't watch me though, he said only boys wake board and was mad I had gone . . . little stinker!



*Having 4 out of my 5 siblings together at the lake. We missed you Kort and Jessie!



*Finding out I will be getting a neice around Christmas time - congrats Kort and Jessie (good excuse to not be there)!



*Brett wearing his tennis shoes at the lake - always kills me!



*The huge waves everyone played in when it got super windy on Wednesday . . . but not being covered in the tiny green bugs that suddenly appeared when the wind started (really gross).



*Brett trying to figure out Rayanne's lounge chair . . . that was obviously made for little people like Rayanne!



*Learning how to drive the jet ski. I finally did it and now I am addicted! Kylan wouldn't ride on it with me though (he would only ride with grandpa), but Mya and I took a ride together.



*The night Kylan slept from 6:30 at night until 6:00 the next morning. We tried to wake him up for dinner when we got home, but there was no waking the kid. He was exhausted!

1 comment:

Camille said...

Thanks to your dad, 'going to the lake" is one our family's favorite activity too! We especially love it when Kent come too! His tricks are the best to watch :)