Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Our Christmas Tree

We decorated our Christmas tree last night and this little guy was so excited! It was a little crazy with Kylan being the only one who could really get the ornaments on right, Mya just kind of setting them on the tree so they fell off eventually and Emmit taking the ornaments off almost as fast as Ky was putting them on. We only decorated about half before I couldn't stand it any longer, so today while Emmit napped and Mya was occupied elsewhere Kylan and I finished decorating the tree and putting up the rest of our decorations!

Kylan was so excited to decorate the tree that even though Grandma Teri asked him if he could stay at her house and play with Logan (an offer he normally would never refuse) and I said we could decorate the next day if he wanted to stay, he said no he wanted to decorate his Christmas tree.

We are trying the tree in a new spot this year and I have to say so far I really like it. It's a lot more out of the way than it was last year and I don't feel like my house is consumed with Christmas deocrations since it is in the upper living room part and not right my our tv in the lower living room. HOWEVER my kids are driving me crazy with the tree. I understand Emmit touching the tree and grabbing ornaments, he is only 15 months old, but it's Mya who is really driving me crazy and even Kylan. I may or may not have threatened them with taking the tree down (or at least taking all the ornaments off) if they don't leave it alone!

*** a little p.s. while typing this Mya covered my whole island and her shirt with windex while she was supposed to be eating her snack (which is also covered in windex). i swear christmas makes kids crazy!!!***

2 comments:

jamie k said...

wow! you family is getting huge! i can't believe your brothers are all married (and having kids). seems like just yesterday i was hanging out with them :/.

loved all the updates :).

Kelli said...

that's where grandma put her tree. ahhh. that makes me nostalgic.