Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Happenings . . . .

Once again, it's been awhile. If only I could blog from my Kindle Fire I would be much more on top of things! Here are some random pics of what's been going on . . . 
 We are having a serious black bird issue at the dairy and since we live on the dairy we also share in the problem. Sometimes hundreds of them will be perched in our trees and they are very loud, so since I don't shoot real guns I have a cap gun (or cat gun as Ky calls it) that I use to scare them away. Lately when I do this Emmit follows me out with his own gun and shoots the birds. So cute!
 We woke up to snow one morning a couple weeks ago. Since it was a preschool day (and snow doesn't typically stay around too long here) we went out to play in it right after breakfast. The kids had a ton of fun!

 President's weekend Kort and Jessie came to Fallon with Kinzie and we had a baby shower for her and Lacy and Kal's baby on Saturday and then they blessed Kinzie on Sunday. It was so much fun to have almost the entire fam together (we were just missing Kent and Stacey). Little Kinzie is the sweetest baby and we had so much fun cuddling her!
 Here is a picture of them with the great-grandparent's that were at the blessing. Next to Jessie is her grandma Mary. She and Jess's mom flew in from Washington for the blessing. It was a lot of fun to see them again as well!
 And here's the little princess!
 Mya and Kylan LOVE Carissa and Reed! And soon Emmit will too, although he cried pretty much the whole time they babysat last. They are awesome babysitters!
 And here I am today at 16 1/2 weeks. I feel like I grow everyday and I am waiting for that to stop for a bit before the real growth spurt starts! I can feel the baby kick a lot more lately (I've been able to feel it some since the 14th week). I can't wait for  Tim to be able to feel it, but at the same time I know that then this little one will start waking me up in the night, so I can wait a little longer.
In other news:
*Emmit is getting a molar. Along with my kids getting their teeth super late, they also get them in a weird order. Right now he has 3 teeth on top and 2 on the bottom in the front and has been like that for about 3 or 4 months. Now he is all of a sudden getting a molar. That's usually how it works, they get most of their molars before they are done getting all their teeth in front. Poor guy had to tell me his mouth hurt today, it's probably been hurting for days!
*They have been hauling manure for a week or so which is great because the kids take turns riding - Emmit in the morning if they start hauling before lunch and Kylan and Mya in the afternoon. The downside is that when they are hauling in front of my house it smells like a poopy diaper and without fail I start looking for the lost diaper, checking to see if my septic has overflown, etc. for about 15 minutes until I figure it out. EVERYTIME! Tim has some cute pics on his phone of the kids in the truck so tonight I may try to get them up on the computer.
* Funny Kylan story. The first day they hauled manure I asked him if it was his dream come true since they finished corn last fall and he said no, if we were chopping hay or corn it would be my dream come true, but not manure because it smells. However, he did agree it was better than nothing and at least he gets to hang out with dad at work. He cracks me up!

No comments: