Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day Parade

Kylan and Brentyn watching the action and just Brentyn. Sorry the pics dark, but he is the cutest little guy!

Kylan very intent on watching the parade
We hope everyone had a great labor day. We sure did! We started out the day by going to the Labor Day parade here in Fallon. I hadn't been to a parade in I figured about 13 years or so, even though I am blocked into my house everytime they have one in Fallon (the parade route goes right around neighborhood, so I can't leave)! So, I broke down and went. Uncle Cam and Aunt Carly came with us and we met Monica, Matt, Brentyn and Monica's family by the movie theaters. Brentyn and Ky both liked the parade until Brentyn got tired and fell asleep and until the firetrucks came and scared Ky to death! I also discovered that I haven't been missing much in the last 13 years! I think I will do what my Aunt and Uncle did with their kids - not tell them there's a parade and go to the lake every labor day and then when their kids were old enough to realize there was one, the didn't want to miss out on the lake!
Which brings me to my next bit of news - the Lake is way lower than it has been in years, so we weren't at the lake because they have advised that no boats be docked anymore due to the trees and island's popping up everywhere. Pretty sad. Hopefully next year we will have our normal amount of water.

3 comments:

Mary said...

The last Fallon parade I went to: hot weather, demolition derby cars, ladies in red and purple hats, demolition derby cars, rodeo kids, more demolition derby cars, melting candies, and more hot. :)

Montserrat said...

Sadly, the parades in Fallon are way better than the ones in Winnemucca. Ask me how I know!

Love listening to the music. Haven't heard Summer Lovin' for sooo long!

Alisha said...

totally sad about the lake. whats the deal?