Thursday, December 13, 2007

"O, Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree"




We finally put our Christmas tree up and Tim and Gavin got our lights put up yesterday. Kylan is becoming more interested in the tree. We brought it in while he was taking a nap, so when he woke up he kept looking at it and then looking at me like "why is there a tree in my house?" When I started putting the lights on he wanted to play with them, so when I wouldn't let him he just left the room like "this is no fun, so I'm doing something else." We put it in the bedroom right off the living room, so that way if he does start pulling things off of it we can just close the door. At night Kylan will have us pick him up and then start pointing to the tree. Today he crawled over by himself and would touch the lower branches. Maybe he was just scared of it, he is a wimp that way.


Kylan is also 9 months old as of tomorrow - this 9 months went way faster than the 9 months I was pregnant with him! Here are his new tricks:



  • Stands up and then lets go and sees how long he can stand - I swear he does it on purpose most of the time

  • walks along everything

  • shakes his head no (latest one, but I don't know if he knows it means no, he just likes to do it)

  • screams really loud when I do something he doesn't like - we are trying to stop this one!

  • makes lots of noises with his tongue and wants you to make them also

  • gives awesome (french) kisses - but after one shakes his head if you want another one (maybe he does know what it means)

  • says "uh oh"


I don't know his weight or height - I think I have an appointment next week. He has probably lost weight though since he has had the flu. He is no longer throwing up, but things are still not good coming out the other end! Poor guy! He is such a good little boy though. Always smiling and laughing - even when he is sick!

2 comments:

Lewieville said...

doesn't it just break your heart when the babies are sick. Colby has pick eye right now, I have no idea how he got it but we're almost done with it. Its so sad to see them sick! Pretty tree and awesome house!

Alisha said...

great pics!!!
i love the up-dates. it reminds me of the fun with jill. it just gets better kassi.