Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Lake Tahoe

Every year my family takes a day trip to Tahoe, so Saturday was the day this year. Tim, Me, Ky, Mya, Kort, Jessica (his girlfriend who came to visit from Washington) and my parents all made the trip. Unfortunately it was very windy so we weren't able to take our usual trip on my dad's boat over the Emerald Bay, or take the boat at all, but we did spend a little time at the beach and then went shopping in South Tahoe and ate dinner at the Tahoe Keys before going home.

Tim and Kort were the only brave ones who really played in the water. For those of you unfamiliar with Tahoe, it is EXTREMELY cold, even on the hottest day, so since it was windy it felt really extra cold on this day. I got wet up to my knees and my legs were numb for probably an hour!

Kylan also got completely wet, for two reasons: 1) he is a little boy and they can't be near water without getting in it and 2) the waves were so big that he was taken out a couple times, so didn't have much of a choice! He was so cute!!!

Mya loved the sand! She kept picking up handfuls and then letting it run out of her hands. My mom kept burying her toes, but she wasn't too sure about that. Right before we left she did put a handful in her mouth, but she gagged and choked on it so much that I hope she will be over doing that!

Just a cute pic of Grandma and Mya

1 comment:

Kade & Jess said...

Your kids are so stinkin cute!