Saturday, April 10, 2010

So Close We Can Taste It . . .

We are all ready for carpet! Thanks to Kent and my dad we have gotten so much done the last couple days I can't believe it! Tim just got home and said he thinks the only times he and Kent sat down today since 8:30am are at lunch and at dinner, and it wasn't very long!!!

The tile before it was grouted. I am way happy with how it turned out.

My dad grouting it tonight.

And the finished product. Of course it needs to be cleaned, but it needs to sit for a couple days.

The hardwood sanded down and swept and vacuumed. I'm so glad my dad talked us into doing this before the carpet because it made a lot of dust!

Kent and Tim varnishing the floor. We didn't stain it because we liked the natural color.

The finished product (ignore my dirty lense).

Everything cleared out and ready for carpet the beginning of next week.
Other things Kent, Tim and I did today:
  • Removed the swamp cooler from the roof and patched it.
  • Framed around the ducting going upstairs for the heating and air up there. We didn't do the dry wall yet because the heating/air won't be finished until Monday, but we wanted the carpet people to know where to put the tack strip.
  • Varnished the bathroom doors
  • Put up towel racks, toilet paper holders, etc in bathrooms and put the door knobs on the bathroom doors.
  • Some touch up painting

    I can't wait to post pics of the final product next week!!!























2 comments:

The Sorensens said...

We are so excited for you guys. I can't wait to help you move in and play with furniture arrangements.

Lyle and Lori said...

Holy Cow guys, it looks soooooo good! I can't believe how fast you've worked to finish it all. I thought it would take months when you first posted all the things you were going to do to the house. Good job on all you've done. Can't wait to see it.
XOXO, Lori