Monday, June 18, 2012

Swim Lessons

Mya and Kylan are doing swim lessons right now at the outdoor pool. I am just glad that we are doing them right now and not any later in the summer because I'm not even swimming and I am exhausted afterwards!
Here's Mya not listening to her teacher for a change. She just kind of does what she wants until I yell at her, then she listens for a bit and then wanders off again. At least she is now staying in the pool the whole time 
and not getting out to tell me or grandma something constantly!
Emmit isn't old enough (you have to be 3 or turn 3 soon) so he has to sit at the side with grandma and I. A few times he has gone to work with dad (makes my life a lot easier), but he is usually seeing how close he can get to the water before I pull him back! Luckily my mom comes everyday with treats of some kind to keep him busy and to bribe Mya to stay in the pool.

 Ky and Braden are in the same class (the white and blue shirts with their backs to me). Kylan is getting braver ever day, but he doesn't like to put his face in the water. We have told him if he wants to be a good swimmer than he has to do it, so he is trying!
 Jumping in.
 Mya waiting to go down the little slide.

The kids do love the outdoor pool, so I told them once lessons are over (only 4 more left) we will have to go once a week in the morning. My pregnant body just can't handle swimming with them for an hour or two and then lessons. Funny how so much changes in one week. Last week I was hoping this baby would stay in past 38 weeks, but now 38 weeks can't come soon enough. I have hit the up 5 times a night and can't get comfortable part of the pregnancy and I'm over it! Oh well, she'll be here soon enough!

1 comment:

The Fallon Schank's said...

So cute! I remember those days--Chels (3) would cry, because the water was so cold. N8 and Ashley DeLong (in their wisdom of 5 yrs.) swore they were never getting baptized, because they hated the water so much. Funny how things change--I've got two waterdogs now!)