Monday, June 4, 2012

Twin Falls

Kal and Lacy blessed little Jackson on Sunday, and since Tim was haying we couldn't all come so my wonderful mother-in-law and sister-in-laws helped Tim watch the boys so that Mya and I could go with my parents to the blessing. Grandpa was Mya's "Best Buddy" on the trip. He rode all the way to Twin Falls and back in the back seat with her and did all kinds of fun things with her in Idaho (Uncle Kentie did too). We had a ton of fun seeing Kal and Lacy and Jackson and Kent and Stacey who came down from Rexburg and this was the first time that I have been to Idaho when it hasn't been cold! It was so much fun!
It was Western Days in Twin Falls so we went to the park and walked around and had the best hand dipped corn dog I have ever had in my life, tri-tip sandwiches that were also pretty dang good and these things called Elephant Ears which were big pieces of fry bread with honey butter on them.
 They had some carnival rides and since everyone except grandpa would be sick riding on them Grandpa took Mya on the merry go round . . . 


 and the ferris wheel. I though Mya might get a little nervous being up so high but she said she wasn't scared at all because Grandpa held onto her so she wouldn't fall.

 I tried to get a picture of the guy running the ferris wheel but this was as good as I could get. He was a total carny - mullet and all!
Saturday afternoon we bbq'ed at Shoshone Falls. They were pretty cool!
 Mya loved looking at them!


 Sunday was the blessing. Jackson looked so cute! And Kal gave such a great blessing!


And here are some pics I stole from my mom's facebook. Grandpa and Mya relaxing at the hotel.
 Playing in the hot tub.
We had such a great time! Thank you Teri, Carly and Tonya for helping Tim with Kylan and Mya so we could go!

No comments: