Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Adams Reunion, Tim's Stay-cation & Baby Update

I'm going to start with the baby update because it will explain my lack of pictures of anything from last weekend. I had my first weekly appointment last Thursday and even though I was 2 days short of 36 weeks they checked me (I was measuring over 36 weeks anyway). I am dialated to a 2 and 50% efaced. I was so excited! However, for the next  3-4 days after that appointment I was having so many contractions I was afraid the baby was going to come over the weekend and I was not ready and I don't think the baby was either. Luckily things have slowed down considerably and I have been able to accomplish all my "nesting" (or at least most of it) before the next family comes to visit!
ANYWAYS . . . since Tim was unable to take the week of the 4th of July off like planned he took a stay-cation last week from Tuesday-Sunday. We got a lot of things cleaned out/rearranged/dejunked before my mom's brothers came to town. On Friday all the Adams' went to Wild Island in Reno. We reserved a Cabana (which was awesome) and the kids had a great time! I didn't do much because anytime I did I would start contracting, but it was nice to sit in the shade and chat with everyone! 

One morning during the stay-ca the kids played baseball with dad, then ran through the sprinklers (why Mya is only in her undies) and then when they were done they got out their beach chairs and enjoyed a snack in their sand box)

Saturday some of us went to the lake. My dad got stuck for the first time ever docking the boat on the shore. It took Derild's truck, Jeremy's Jeep, and Tim's truck to pull him out. We ate lots of good food at night (thanks Lynne, Derild and Carissa) and had a great time hanging out! 


Sunday we were able to go to Reno to baby Luke's blessing. We had a yummy luncheon afterwards and had a great time! Later that night I was able to get together with two good friends and catch up. 
Today Rachel and her kids get here and will be here for 2 weeks!  They (and we) are really hoping that baby sister makes it here before they leave, and with the way things are going I'm pretty sure that will happen! We are having such a fun and busy summer it has made the time fly by! 

No comments: