Monday, July 23, 2012

Sorensen Reunion and 37 weeks

All of Tim's family has been here visiting and we have had so much fun! Rachel came last Tuesday and Cam came on Friday so all of his siblings are here and we are loving it! Carly and baby Luke have been staying at our house when they are here and Kylan and Mya have LOVED it! They love holding him, and playing with him and making him smile. One morning we let Carly sleep and we gave Luke a bath and Ky was in heaven! It was pretty cute! I hope they enjoy their sister as much as they have enjoyed Luke. Even Emmit is pretty dang cute with him!

 Saturday we went out to grimes point. We got there a little late so it was pretty hot. I wasn't sure how long I was going to last and was dreading having to make my kids leave early, but I didn't have to worry about that! We did the small loop and then Kylan announced he was done and ready to go home . . . so we were there a whole 15 maybe 20 minutes! Perfect! The kids did so good, until right at the bottom of the hill when Emmit tripped and hit his head. He was fine and luckily it was right at the bottom so I didn't have to carry him too far!
 Here's the group. The rest continued to the top!
We have done lots of other fun things, this is just all I have pics of. We have played in grandma's sprinklers, done the slip 'n slide, had sleep overs, and just enjoyed each others company!
I am now 37 weeks 2 days pregnant and I am ready to be done. I wouldn't be so ready if baby girl didn't keep acting like she wants to come and then changing her mind! I had an appointment last Thursday and I was dialated to a 3, so I had progressed a whole cm since my last appointment. I had lots of contractions on Friday, and they were very consistant. I tried not to get my hopes up, but since no amount of activity or inactivity made them stop I started getting pretty excited. We went to bed kind of expecting to head into the hospital my morning at the latest. I fell asleep for on hour, only to wake up to some pretty painful and uncomfortable contractions. I watched tv for an hour or two and then decided to try to get some more sleep before we headed in. Well, I fell asleep and woke up a couple hours later only to feel nothing. That's right, everything had completely stopped. I was so mad, not necessarily because she wasn't here, but because I had lost sleep for no reason. Luckily she hasn't kept me up all night again, but I am still contracting during the day a lot. 
Tomorrow is Tim's birthday, so even though I have given up hope on going into labor before my next appointment, I am trying a few things in the hopes that she and her dad can have the same birthday. I made egg plant parmesan, I bought a pineapple to eat tomorrow at the lake and I will be riding on the jet ski and hopefully the boat tomorrow night when my parents come out. At least I will be able to say I tried!

No comments: