Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Our Story . . .



Kristan did this on her site and asked others to do it too for Valentines day and I thought it was cute, so here goes . . .


I met Tim (by meet, I mean I mean talked to him since I have known of him my whole life) during Junior High when we were playing on a co-ed Indian league basketball team together. I thought he was cute and so much fun to be with. We were really good friends until our Junior year of high school. We went to the Junior prom together and then were dating after that. That Valentines Day I was a little upset with him because he didn't go to lunch with me, but what I didn't know was that he was with his mom picking me out a Valentines Day present, my first ever from a "boy". We dated and went to our first year of college together and then he left on his mission. He actually went into the MTC on my birthday! I dated a couple people while he was gone - mostly just guys from the ward who would ask me out and I didn't want to be mean. His first date to come home was on his birthday, but that was actually a transfer early to get him home in time for school (which his mom and I had registered him for), so about a week before he was supposed to come home he called and said that he was extending. That 6 weeks was the longest of his entire mission. About a week before his new coming home date he called again to say he was thinking about extending - I told him I didn't want him too and he said his family had said the same thing, so he came home. That day I was so nervious! I didn't sleep all night, then showered twice the next morning because my hair didn't turn out right the first time! I was the first one at the airport and was shaking so badly I couldn't even hold my soda I had brought. When he got off the plane he just kept looking at me and I couldn't tell what he was thinking. On our way down to pick up his luggage, he walked up to me and leaned over and said "I really want to kiss you right now." I was so relieved after that! We got engaged (officially) on September 16th (he got home on the 4th and the engagement story will have to wait for another post) and were married one month later on October 16. Thank you for choosing me Timothy Brett! Happy Valentines Day everyone - now I want to hear your stories!!

1 comment:

zippy said...

LOVE it! What a sweet story--thanks for posting it. I'll have to work on ours later tonight.