Sunday, March 16, 2008

Birthday Party!

Kylan's birthday was a success! Here's what we did:

At PB&J for lunch (Ky's favorite) and drank milk from our camo cup


We went to Walmart and got him his own big boy basketball hoop. It's a little big for him, but he still likes it! Great-Grandma & Grandpa Adams got him a smaller one which he loves!


This picture doesn't quite show how much he LOVED everyone singing happy birthday to him! I was videoing, so this is the only pic I got, but lets just say he loves being the center of attention!


The cake experience. This may be the one and only time I allow my kids to do this - I hate the dirtieness! He didn't eat any cake, just smeared it around on his tray and himself. He did eat a lot of homemade oreo ice-cream though (thank you Reed for feeding him while I got his bath ready)


Watched the basketball game on his new chair from Grandma and Grandpa Sorensen while drinking some rootbeer.

Uncle Kort, the shoe king, bought him is very first pair of Jordan's. They are the new Air Force 1 Jordan's.

Proof that Kent was at the party, although a little late. Since I didn't decide when to have the party until Thursday night, both Kent and Kort had already made plans for the weekend (Kent a date in Reno and Kort hanging out with cousin Christopher) and both made it back to the house before we left - you guys are good uncles!
Thank you everyone for coming and for the great presents! Kylan is a lucky boy to have so many people who love him!
P.S. all day I just kept being so happy that I wasn't in a hospital like last year on this day!

3 comments:

Alisha said...

lol, youre so funny about thinking about being in the hospital. come on they really aren't that bad.

looks like you all have fun. happy birthday.

Lewieville said...

the hospital thing is pretty funny... but you HAVE to do the whole dirty cake thing for ALL your kids. It's a first birthday must, you can handle for one birthday can't you?

Kassi said...

The hospital may not have been so bad if I hadn't gotten there at 7am on Thursday (to be induced) and didn't get released until about 3pm on Saturday. Also, my room was a shoe box and poor Tim had to sleep on a blanket on the floor because there was only room for my bed and the baby bed. Moral of the story, don't have the baby as late as I did and then have to wait for the on call doctor on Saturday to be released!!