Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter! We sure did! Here are some pics from Ky's first Easter (okay, so he was alive for Easter last year, but due to the fact that we were in Utah and it was the first weekend with no visitors, we didn't really do much):

Kylan shoving as much candy in his mouth as he can before mom takes it - the blue on his chin is from the blue candy coat on the outside of the candy in his mouth!

The yummy cinnamon roles we had from breakfast (I am making this a holiday tradition Grandma Teri) and Ky giving one of his funny smiles all ready for church

With mom and with dad. I love the one with Tim because he is saying "ut-oh"! He is very expressive when saying this!

We had a wonderful time! We went to my grandparents ward because Kent and my grandpa Adams were speaking. They did such a good job! Kent told a story from his mission about Easter that I thought was awesome - so I will retell it for all of you! He said there are tons of different churches in Zimbabwe and all of them would advertise that for Easter they were having a feast, or doing the sacrament, etc. ONe of the leaders of one of the other churches asked the branch president of our church what he was doing that was special for Easter and he told Kent that he thought about it for a minute and then he told him "nothing." He explained that we treat every Sunday like it is Easter because every Sunday we take the sacrament and focus on remembering the Savior and what he has done for us, so we didn't have to change anthing for Easter Sunday. I just thought that was a wonderful thing to think about and to remember on the Sabbeth - to treat every Sunday like it is Easter!

Anyway, we finished the day by eating at Uncle Derild's and Aunt Lynnes and then went to my parents for a bit before heading home! It was a great day!

PS: Kylan is walking more and more everyday - he wants to only walk so badly!! Also, last week before I had to sub all week again, I took Ky's bottle away, so we are bottle free! Yea!!! No more bottle using up all of my cupboard space!

2 comments:

Alisha said...

you look great kassi!!!
your sweet boys are cute too. can you email that recipe, looks yummy!
alishataylor_1@yaoo.com

kelsey j said...

Kylan's little cheeks are so cute!
First easter with a little one is fun even if they really don't get what is going on.