Thursday, April 23, 2009

Tim's Day Off (or is it really???)

Today was Tim's day off, and I wish I would've taken pictures to prove that he doesn't really ever get a "day off" since I am a slave driver and have all kinds of things lined out that we need to get done. I told him that I feel bad that I do this to him, but he doesn't seem to mind too much, besides there are things that need to get done that I can't do myself. So, here is what we did today (I'll maybe add pics later, we'll see):
Morning: rotatilled (spelling?) both planter boxes in the front yard and our garden spot in the back, did a little weeding(Ky and I did this). I did make a yummy raspberry coffee cake
Afternoon: went to Lowes to buy a new dryer (the door didn't stay on the old one, but that is a whole post in itself), more plants for the front, wood chips and garden hoses and roller holder things for them and a chair rail for Ky's room. If anyone has gone to the Lowes in Fernley, you will understand that this trip took forever because it took them forever to bring the dryer to the front of the store, even though we went and picked it out first and were in the store doing our other shopping for over an hour (the dryer guy assured us it would be there before we checked out). When we got home Tim had to take the power cord off the old dryer and haul it out, haul in the new one and attach the power cord, then plant and spread the wood chips and I did help with all that, and set up the new hoses and holders.
By this time is was time for dinner and then the day was over. Now he has to go to work tomorrow, which will probably be less work than he had to do today!!! Thanks honey, I love you!!!

1 comment:

jamie k said...

yum...i want your raspberry coffee cake recipe!