Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Story . . .

So here is the story of Emmit's birth. If you don't want to know, quit reading now, but for my posterity I am going to blog it.
Saturday we went to the lake. My dad really wanted me to have him on Sunday, and Friday I had a little hope that it would happen, but unless I was on the boat on Saturday I wasn't feeling anything. We went to dinner that night for my dad's birthday, stopped at DQ on the way home and went to bed with really nothing happening. All night though I kept waking up here and there because I was uncomfortable and it took me until Tim left to irrigate at 5am to figure out why I was waking up. By 6am I couldn't sleep anymore so I started timing them, then got up and started doing some laundry and packing when I realized that moving around just made them stronger rather than stopping them. They kept coming 5-10 minutes apart all morning, and although my husband thought I was crazy, I insisited that we go to sacrament meeting because I needed the distraction. By 2:00 pm they were closer and harder, so we took the kids to my parent's house and headed into the hospital. By 4:00pm they had decided to keep me, had me hooked up to everything and broke my water. For some reason breaking my water slowed down my contractions, so they started me on on pitocin and that got them going. I had my epidural (the best thing ever invented) and I got some sleep. By 10pm I could tell I was passed a 5 (the magic number for me) and by 10:25pm I was ready to push. The nurse almost had to deliver her first baby without the doctor present, but the doctor got there just in time and Emmit was born at 10:47 pm. Everything went so well and my recovery has been great! We stayed two nights in the hospital, which was better than I thought it would be. The second night we had them keep Emmit in the nursery so that we could get some good sleep before we got home to Kylan and Mya.
Since we've been home things have been good. He is by far my easiest baby. He doesn't cry very much, and when he does he is easily consoled. He is such a sweet baby and Ky and Mya just love him to pieces!

7 comments:

jamie k said...

congrats kassi!

i love birth stories.

The Fallon Schank's said...

Hurray and congratulations! He is so very darling. (We will be excited to meet him!)

Lyle and Lori said...

So cute! He reminds me of Billie as a baby. XOXO, Lori

Abe n Linz said...

He is so sweet! Glad to hear he is being such a good baby.

Alisha said...

lol. i can't believe you went to church!
congrats!

kelsey j said...

yay! Congrats.

valstevenson said...

Cassie, i am so excited for you and glad that he is a good baby. I like the name too.