Sunday, November 7, 2010

This is why I don't like cats . . .

. . . well one of the many reasons why. So, we live in the country now and in order to keep the mice away you kind of need a cat. When we first moved in we had John's cat and she was good. She was nice to the kids, didn't try to come in the house, didn't jump up on the BBQ when I was cooking, just wasn't annoying. Well, she disappeared. Then we had a couple other cats show up. One was really annoying - always tried to get in the house, jumped up on the BBQ, would even jump into our window ledges when the windows were open, so we quite feeding it and it eventually moved on.
Yesterday, one of the milkers brought us a couple kittens (well I'd say they were 3+ months old), a boy and a girl. They were white and grey and pretty, but pretty afraid of us and the kids. About an hour after they were here we couldn't find them. I looked everywhere and it ended up they were in the engine of my car, so we honked and they wouldn't come out. We poked them with a stick, they wouldn't come out, I even poured water on them and they wouldn't budge. They eventually came out on their own, but still very annoying!
When we were leaving for church this morning, they were under my car, so I got in and honked the horn and Ky said they ran away (mistake #1, don't trust a 3 year old), but just to make sure we popped the hood, checked around and honked for a very long time, then turned the car on, backed and out and the car makes a funny noise and dies. Yep, that's right, one of the stupid cats didn't just get killed, but got caught in a belt and we don't know how to get it out and so my car is dead in the driveway, we were a half hour late to church (the kids have colds, so we basically went in, I fed Emmit and then the kids and I left) and now we only have one cat.
I don't like pets period, but at least a dog can't get into the engine of your car!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Ha ha. What a funny story. You'll have to dish with Kim about kittens. Remember when she was late to church because her cat had kittens in the back of her van?

I hate cats too. I hope your car doesn't start to stink...