Monday, March 21, 2011

Kent & Stacy's Wedding!

It's official Kent and Stacy are married! We left last Thursday for the wedding and came home yesterday (Sunday) and boy were we glad to be home! We had a lot of fun, but we also learned a very important lesson - unless absolutely necessary (like for a wedding), never stay in a hotel with a 7 month old (or for that matter any child under the age of 2), unless you like getting absolutely no sleep! I also learned that it is best to put your camera in your diaper bag/purse rather than in your video camera bag if you ever want to take pictures with it because I never remembered to take my video camera bag out of the car and the car was always parked far away (usually somewhere in a parking garage that I would never find my way to or back from by myself). I blame the lack of sleep mentioned earlier! Thankfully other family members did take pictures and so I stole theirs! Some are Kade's and some are my dad's!



Our side of the fam that attended the wedding.


Our whole family. Not the best pic, but kind of funny! Jessie, Kort, Kade, Leah, Evan, Dad, Stacy, Kent, Mom, Me, Emmit, Tim, Lacy, Kal, Mya and Kylan. The wedding was delayed so we were in the temple for over two hours. We were fine, but the poor people outside watching all the kids were dying! Luckily everyone made it out alive, but the kids had had it at this point. Mya by this time refused to wear her shoes (everytime we put them on her she flung them off). Yep, I was that mom that everyone was saying "where is that girls mom. Doesn't she know it's too cold our here for that poor girl to have no shoes on." Yep, I know, but if you can get her to keep them on then go for it!




Mya and grandma enjoying a beverage after the sealing and pictures at a place called "The Blue Lemon". I highly recommend it to anyone visiting temple square, it's right across the street and very yummy! Make sure you order the sweet potato fries! Yum!

Another group shot

Another picture of Mya at lunch. She actually asked my mom to let her go to sleep on her while we were eating. That's how tired my kids were during the trip!
We did have fun, it was great to see so much family and to be at the sealing and meet Stacy's fam! We also got to hang out with Kyle and Carly and they watched our kids during the sealing and then let us stay with them Saturday night.
Now it's back to getting my 7 month old to stop sleeping like a new born because this mom can't take many more nights of being up every two hours!






1 comment:

Wenni Donna said...

It must have been a wonderful experience attending the wedding. Loved the photos, specially the group pics with your families. One thing I love about weddings is how they bring families together. We were celebrating my cousin’s wedding reception a few days ago at one of the popular rental spaces for parties, and we also had such a lovely time with our families.