Thursday, October 25, 2007

"She's Leaving on a Jet Plane . . ."

Well, Carly, aka Sister Sorensen, began her journey to London, England about 2 hours ago. She is going to be such a great missionary, but saying goodbye wasn't easy. Excuse the large number of photos in this post. I posted all of them mostly for Steve, Rachel, and Tonya since they were unable to be here for the final farewell. We all went over to President William's house for Carly to be set apart at about 4:00 yesterday. President Williams did such an awesome job and gave Carly a great blessing. After that we all headed to Reno and met at the Macaroni Grill for dinner and then we all stayed at Circus Circus. We played some games and had some ice-cream and then went to bed to wake up about 5 hours later to take Carly to the airport. All in all it was a great night, but a tough morning. Carly did really well though and once she left us she never looked back! We love you Carly and will miss you but we are so proud of you!

Bradon eating noodles at Macaroni Grill; All of us at dinner

Teri, Carly and Brett at dinner; Carly and Karly at ice-cream

Teri, Carly and Brett at Airport; Ky, Me, Carly and Tim

Gavin, Billy, Carly, Tim and Cam; Rayanne, Bradon, Teri, Carly, Me and Ky

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow, the fun never ends! You guys really DO do it up right! Good luck to Carly...the time will fly!

Karin said...

I'm so impressed with Carly. You'll have to post her address in a few weeks so I can send her a letter-or maybe a few months. I'm due in exactly 1 month. But life is crazy right now because we are moving to Utah this weekend. It's wonderful but the timing could have been better!

Kim said...

It just makes me want to cry thinking of sending a missionary! She will be a great missionary.

Second of all, I need lessons on how to do fun looking blogs - I can't get mine to do anything and it is so frustrating! You have like theses great layouts!

Lewis Family said...

Kassi, thank you so much for posting the pics so soon! I am impressed. It makes me want to cry looking at them though! I wish we were there. I might not be able to look at your blog very often because it makes me sad! I wish we still lived close by. It makes me homesick! Anyway, you have really done a great job! Thank you. I have just spent the last hour looking at your site with the kids. They loved it! Thanks for your help today too! Love ya.

kelsey j said...

Carly is so lucky! What a fun time for her. She will be a great missionary.