Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving and Potty Training

Well Alisha don't feel bad, I too have no pictures of Thanksgiving day. I had my camera, however when I pulled it out to use it it had no memory card because it was still in my computer! So, no pictures! We did have a great Thanksgiving weekend though. We had Thanksgiving dinner at my Grandma Schanks and almost all of the Schank cousins were there which meant that there were about 50+ people not counting all the kids. It was so much fun and so weird at the same time to have little kids playing that were mine and my cousins. Ky loved having all the cousins around to watch and play with.
On Friday all who could in the Schank family went to the temple. This is the night that Uncle Ernie and Grandma Schank work so it was really special. It was awesome to be in the temple with so many family members!
On Saturday we had a going away dinner for the boys who headed back to college on Sunday. Sunday and Monday were spent sick ( I had a cold and some other problems) and then today we are back to normal life with Yound women in Excellence happening tonight! Overall a great weekend!
Now on to potty training. Go back about a week and a half: Kylan went 3 days without going #2 in his diaper. It was amazing! This included a day at Grandma Kenna's where he went on the toilet for her too. So, being stupid I thought we had it made. Well, Saturday we went to Reno for half the day for the UNR game. He fell off the toilet that morning which was traumatic and even though I brought his potty seat for him, he would not go in Reno and I could tell that he was holding it. After that day I couldn't get him to go on the toilet for a few days - he would cry hysterically every time I put him on the toilet and my child never cries like that! I gave up for a couple days to give him a break and then the last couple days he is back to going a couple times on the toilet and a couple times in his diaper. I don't know if I traumatized him that Saturday or what. He is also crawling everywhere now and I think that maybe he doesn't like to be interrupted while he is playing. I guess we'll just have to see what happens!

1 comment:

Alisha said...

the point is that really he was pretty much potty trained. that is amazing. it really makes me wish that i'd done that.
now with a second coming i want jill potty trained before i have two in dipars. we'll see what happens. i think i'll wait untill after the holidays.
lol about your camera. sounds like something i'd do!