Monday, July 14, 2008

10 in 10

Recently a good friend tagged me to do a "10 in 10 minutes." The idea is you take ten pictures of the specified "items" below, write-up a post about them, and let all your friends and family get to know you a bit better. The trick is, you can't do any "clean-up" before you take the pictures...you just point and shoot. So without further ado, here you have my ten:

1. Dream Vacation

Hawaii with my husband! I got to go with my family after I graduated from high school, but I would love to go back with Tim someday!

2. Self-Potrait

I know, this isn't what you would think I would pick, but first, there aren't many pics of me to choose from and second this picture makes me laugh. It's a joke that goes back to when I was first in college and my mom decided that her, I and my grandma needed to take a three generation potrait in Reno one day. So, we went to Kiddie Kandits, and we ended up with a portrait that my brothers make fun of constantly. This is our recreation of it a couple months ago!

3. What are my kids doing right now?

Kylan is taking a nap! Wonderful part of the day! My other, unborn child, is busy making mom sick! This is typically what my living/dining room look like daily. Believe it or not, I vacumed, swept, mopped and dusted today, it's just that with all the toys it always looks dirty! My new goal though is to put all his toys away before going to bed so that I wake up to a "clean" house! I've had to learn to let go since having a child!

4. My CLoset

I HATE MY CLOSET! I can't even believe I am putting this picture on here! Our closet has a regular door that goes to it, however the closet is way bigger than the door opening, meaning it goes back an additional 2 feet each direction which means clothes get lost in the closet! The same goes with the shelf over the hanging clothes! We want to expand the opening and put sliding mirror doors on it, but who knows if we'll ever get around to it!

5. My Favorite Room

My dining room is my favortie room. It has two big windows that let in a lot of light, and an antique chandelier and a corner shelf (not pictured) that I think make it so cute!

6. My favorite Shoes

Flip flops, really any comfortable flip flops are my favorite. These are my current favorite, they replaced my other favorites that broke recently. I hate wearing socks, HATE it, so when flip flops came into fashion I was in heaven. I may go back and get these in black. My excuse to Tim for that is that I am pregnant, and if I end up as swollen as I was with Ky this will be all I can wear come November!

7. My Laundry/ Mud room:

I refuse to put a picture of this mess on my blog. I am blessed to have a laundry room in a house this old, however it's not the most functional at the moment. Our huge old, but still a central air unit, takes up most of the room, then there is only room for a stackable washer/dryer which has been replaced by just a washer and my dryer is in the garage. My washer, however, is broken and shakes so badly during the spin cycle that it is coming apart (the top is no longer attached to the bottom). Our air conditioning condensing tray is leaking, so I have (conviently) two buckets catching the water, and there is what is considered a 1/2 bath at the end of it, that you can't even close the door to and is only used in extreme emergency. Ya, not posting a picture of this mess!

8. The Guest Bathroom

Our guest bathroom is also our only bathroom. If there is any room I hate more than my closet it is this room! It has blue tile floors and pink everything else (except the toilet and tub). It also had blue walls, but we have painted those white to try to neutralize the pink. This is our next project for next year - get rid of the pink, put in a smaller vanity and redo the flooring!

9. My Kitchen Sink

I swear the dishes were done last night, this is just the accumulation from this morning. My kitchen sink is actually pretty awesome. It is HUGE and of course old like everything else, but I love it. It was perfect for bathing Kylan while he was still an infant!

10. The Fridge:

My dream fridge is one of those french door ones with the freezer on the bottom, but this is a big upgrade from what was in the house when we bought it. The original fridge was bought in 1955 and had to be defrosted once every two weeks! While I really liked the way it looked, this one is a lot more practical! (below is a picture of one similar to ours)

Well, I hope you feel like you know me more! I now tag anyone who is up to doing this tag - it was actually a lot of fun!

2 comments:

Sariah Hartley said...

Our washer does/did the same thing!
It sounds like our houses have a lot in common:)

zippy said...

Thanks for being such a good sport Kassi! I LOVE the sneak-peak into your "old" house. Although they aren't always a dream, old houses sure can sure have character. You guys have done an awesome job at updating it and making it work for you. : )