Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Nothing much to Post. . .

So I'll post some baby news. Tim and I were able to hear the baby's heartbeat at my appointment this week. I know it sounds crazy, but now I know for sure there is a real baby in there! Like Dr. Reimer said, enlarged uterus is a sign of pregnancy, positive test is a sign of pregnancy, however a heart beat is a definit sign of pregnancy - a tumor doesn't have a hearbeat (you probably have to know Dr. Reimer to really get this - he laughs when he tells you you are sick). So, now I am 11 weeks pregnant, which means, the baby is about 2 1/2 inches long, about the size of a fig (thus the picture) and is almost fully formed. Eleven weeks also means that over the next month I should start having more non-sick days than sick days (if I remember right from having Kylan, and I've had a hard time remembering, so maybe this is just wishful thinking)! Eleven weeks also means only 9 more until my ultrasound to find out what we are having! I know, I know, still a long ways away, but I have to set short term goals during pregnancy, otherwise it just drags and I am not a patient person!

2 comments:

The Jeffs Family said...

Congrats on hearing the heartbeat--that is the best feeling!

Sam and Brooke Ballard said...

I was soooo excited when we finally heard the heartbeat! It is amazing how fast they grow...I am to the point now where we can see the baby moving aroung...that is crazy!!!! Do you think that Kylan has any clue that he is about to have a sister or brother to play with?