Thursday, October 14, 2010

Things I Want to Remember

I finally ordered and received my blog book for last years blogs (I know just in time to do a new one in a few months), and as I looked and read through it I realized that I had already forgotten so many of the funny and cute things that my kids had done! I also realized that I don't do posts about these things as often, so I am going to do one now. Please feel free to skip this one, really it is more for Tim and I to look back on!

Kylan:
  • LOVES anything that has to do with hunting! He turns my couch or storage otteman into a blind daily. He even has make-believe hunting buddies and a make-believe dog (Maxi) and he yells "Take "em boys" when the birds come in and instructs Maxi to go get the birds and then tells him "good boy".
  • He is into the old cartoons on the Boomerang station and refers to them as "the other" cartoons.
  • When he really wants me to do something for him he asks if I will "make him a favor" (I ask him if he will do me a favor when I need him to get me something for Emmit)
  • He still goes to work every morning, which means putting on his rubber boots and going out into the front yard. He tells me that when he gets big and strong like his dad then he will go "breath" the cows with the "pokey" things.
  • He tells me all the time that grandpa (donald) is a bad shot, but that grandpa says "crappy shot", but we don't say crappy, we say bad (I think it's his way of saying crappy without getting in trouble)
  • In his prayers at night lately he has been blessing his future . . . don't know where he got that one!

Mya Rae

  • Is loving that she is sleeping in a big girl bed and can get out of bed on her own in the mornig and at nap time! and I love it too because I don't have to go upstairs and get her!
  • Loves to play tractors with Kylan
  • Loves the Little Mermaid and calls it the "pretty" movie
  • She LOVES new clothes and shoes and makes me put them on her immediately!
  • I painted her toes for the first time recently and she LOVED it and showed everyone!
  • Just learned how to jump and does it all the time, especially if she is dancing!
  • Isn't very free with her kisses, but will all of a sudden come up to us and give us a bunch!
  • Yesterday I was doing something and my hair was in my eyes and she came up and brushed it to the side for me like I do to hers all the time!

Emmit:

  • Smiles and laughs when I change his poopy diapers
  • Smiles and laughs at Kylan all the time - Kyky is definitly his favorite
  • Gets a little nervious when Mya gets too close - she doesn't intentionally hurt him, but isn't very careful around him!
  • Loves his mom! If he hears my voice he immediatly tries to find me!

2 comments:

LasVegasSchank's said...

You are such a great mom and I love reading your blog. I wish I kept ours up to date. I don't want to forget all the little things and I have a horrible memory :(
We love and miss all of you!

The Scott Family said...

So what is this blog book you are talking about. I would love to see pictures of how it looks or how you order it. If you don't mind letting me know more about it at my email: mindysland1@hotmail.com. That would be awesome.
Thanks, Mindy