Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 13/Conversations with Rob and Aaron

Day 13: Something you never leave the house without.

This one has been hard for me. I have thought about it for a couple days now and all I can come up with is my wallet. I always have it with me when I go anywhere. I may forget my diaper bag, my cell phone (although I am getting much better about keeping it by me, and charged), my sun glasses (which are lost right now, drats!) or a child (funny story, Tim and I almost left to church one day without Emmit when he was just a few weeks old) but I always have my wallet. I guess it's some kind of security thing. You never know when you might need to buy something, or have an ID!

Funny Kylan story time now. He is ALWAYS at work - even when he is home, he is always working. We have several play/old cellphones, and he always has one in his pocket. Guess who he always calls on it . . . not grandpa, or Uncle Gav or Dad . . . Rob and Aaron. This is an example of a typical conversation he has with Rob or Aaron:

Ky: Mom, there's a cow out at the big dairy (after hanging up with someone who has called). I need to call Rob to see if he can get it in.

Me: ok

Ky: Hey, Rob, there's a cow out at the big dairy. Can you get it in? (he pauses) Oh, you are, okay then I'll do it. Bye. Mom, Rob can't get the cow in, he's at Candy Lane, I've got to go. I'll be right back.

This morning I saw the "little chopper" start coming down from the dairy through the dining room windows, so I told Ky it was coming. He was waiting at the front room windows to see it, but it must have stopped for something at the shed. After waiting awhile this is what he did:

Ky: (talking on phone) Hey, Aaron, are we choppin' yet. (pause) Oh, okay you had to gas up the big guy. Ok, Bye. Mom, Aaron said he had to gas it up, but we are going to start chopping soon.

Cracks me up all day long!

6 comments:

Kelli said...

ha ha! i loved this. that ky is a funny kid!

Hanna said...

That is too cute! It has to make Aaron and Rob's day to hear about their little helper.

Lyle and Lori said...

Oh my heck. That is too funny. Luv it. XOXO, LOri

becky schank said...

That is hilarious! I love it.

JRC said...

Haha! Those are funny conversations. Clearly he can't be calling Tim...he's pretending to be Tim. Haha! Cracks me up! Sounds like Kylan listens to phone conversations as closely as Cohen does.

Mary said...

I love that he calls it Candy lane. Hilarious. Those are real conversations.