Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ky's Birthday and Mya Update . . .

Kylan's party went very well. He understood it was his birthday better than I thought he would, so he was very hyper on both Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday I left Mya at my mom's house and Tim and I took him to lunch at the slanted porch (won't lie, that was more for mom and dad than Kylan) and he had rootbeer and chicken strips and then we went to the park. Dad had to go back to work after that, and Ky and I went to the store, which doesn't seem too exciting, but he loved going to the store with me before Mya was born. He loved being with just Tim and I. Sunday, all afternoon he sang happy birthday to himself and Mya and kept pointing out his presents and then became extra hyper when he noticed me making cupcakes. Luckily he fell asleep on the way to grandma's and was able to sleep there for a couple hours before his party.

He loved all of his presents and it took him forever to open them because he wanted to play with each one. It was pretty cute! I took mainly video, but I did snap a couple pictures, so here they are!




Kylan and Braden playing with his toys and watching his Looney Toons DVD that he got.

Little Leah walking around and playing with the remotes (that's right WALKING and she is only 9 months old)


Kylan amiling for the camera


Eating an apple. He bites off all the skin and spits it out and then eats the apple. I have tried cutting it up and cutting the skin off, but he likes to eat the apple whole. Also, he now tells me to keep taking his picture until he thinks he has smiled right, so this is like the 4th or 5th picture.

Mya taking a shower with dad. You have to love those big blue eyes!!

On to the update on Mya:

Not sure how much she weights, but I would guess over 10lbs. She gets bigger and bigger everyday!!! She is also sleeping well. She goes to bed at about 11:30 every night and sleeps 5 hours and then is up for 30min-1hour and then sleeps another 4 hours. We are so proud of her!!! She is also smiling and talking and loves to smile at Kylan and her dad the most. Her brother is already getting on her nerves when he kisses her too much and she already gets on his when she cries! I can't wait to see how they bug each other when she is able to move around and get into his things!!!

1 comment:

Abe n Linz said...

I don't know what but I lauged my head off about Kylan requesting you take pics till he thinks it's right. What a funny kid.